GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No power...

koo

Ready to race!
I have noticed a curios thing when trying to accelerate from a stand still when the wheels are turned at an angle. Put your foot down for quick squirt and nothing happens… back off and do it again and power comes on. Weird, and a little off putting when you are going for a gap!:mad:
I have been looking for this to be mentioned somewhere but I haven’t found anything anywhere.
Anybody else notice this or is it a defect?

By "No power..." I mean "No drive..."

Last edited:

koo

Ready to race!
I'll try that but I don't see how it could detect wheel spin if there is no movement at all. We will see…:smile:

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
it could be a built in safty program too stop you breaking driveshafts maybe.

SSS_Hoon

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Probably not related....but....in the first week that l got my GTi and had three instances when making a right turn onto a major road where the car would almost stall. A bit disconcerting.

What l found was that l was "riding" the brake pedal whilst moving off (cars approaching both ways....should l go?....should l wait? sort of scenario). Anyway, l reckon there might have been a bit of confusion on the part of the DSG.

Ever since, l've made a point of NOT "riding" the brake pedal and it hasn't happened since.

There is a "safety" feature built into all the automatic mk5's.
There is a sensor the 2 pedals, and the system retards any acceleration while the brake pedal is depressed.
You will also notice that when you dont have any of the pedals pressed, a "warning" light appears on the dash.

koo

Ready to race!
I'm used to kind of "loading it up" (auto) with a few reves for quick dash off the mark but this car obviously doesn't like this. Same in reverse if you ride the brake. Just a matter of changing habits...

Douggie

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Watch This video.....it shows hot to do launch control.....(the brake and accelerator)

Length: 4:40
Size: 22mb
Content: Best Motoring tests a DSG GTI against a 6-speed GTI, Astra, Megane, and Integra Type R. DSG proves its prowess! Awesome video (if you're a DSG fan)

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showth...=4040#post4040

this is from the video sectionof these forums........they got video on explanation of to do it.....awsome