GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what's the official South FL crew? looking for a meet.

ssabripo

a/v guru
Car(s)
08 GTI
sup fellas,

just bought a new 08 GTI 4dr, autobahn pkg, manual, etc, and looking to meet up with some of the south florida people in the fort lauderdale area.:drinking:

what's the official crew of this area? eurooutcasts? anyone else?

looking to meet up and get ideas for modding my car.

generic83

lol wheel spin
sflmkv.com is probably the biggest. Then maybe southfloridadubs.com.

ssabripo

a/v guru
Car(s)
08 GTI
well...here is my ride:

2008 VW GTI 4door
autobahn package
Votex body kit
iPod connector
18" rims

I leased it because I was looking for a cheap dialy driver, and got it for an incredible deal ($250/mo)...

mods I plan:
- APR chip (next month)
- Homelink garage opener (done)
- Tint (done)
- Bluetooth module (on order)
- Euro Navy. (mid year)

some pics:

hope to meet some of the south florida crew soon!

BOz

Keep right except to pass
Car(s)
08' MKv GTI
another UG GTI in S. Florida...... Welcome..not many of us around

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
Theres a good amount of UG and BMP MKV including myself being BMP. The one that I think is the most rare is Silver MKV.

ssabripo

a/v guru
Car(s)
08 GTI
anyone with the APR stage 1 chip?

I'm trying to figure out the numbers (0-60, etc), but nobody can gimme a straight answer.

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
I had APR stage 1 and yes I know my sn says Revo long story short I got a better deal at a show with APR. The 0-60 times are hard to tell you but a decent estimate might be around 5.7 to 5.9 something around that. I know the lowest quarter time on APR stage 1 is around 14.2 14.3 which isnt that bad.

t.c. gtimkv

Steath mode
Car(s)
07 UG MKV 4door
I had APR stage 1 and yes I know my sn says Revo long story short I got a better deal at a show with APR. The 0-60 times are hard to tell you but a decent estimate might be around 5.7 to 5.9 something around that. I know the lowest quarter time on APR stage 1 is around 14.2 14.3 which isnt that bad.

I picked up revo at a show for 399. Thats pretty cheap considering apr which was 20' away wanted 599

ssabripo

a/v guru
Car(s)
08 GTI
well, the Revo and GIAC are somewhat cheaper (for what you get), but the APR seems to be the more stable and less aggressive of the three, no?

I think I'll prolly stick with the APR...who knows.

God, I swore not to mod this car and just use it....didn't want to get into mod-igritis like I did with my e46 bimmer and the X5 :frown:

t.c. gtimkv

Steath mode
Car(s)
07 UG MKV 4door
Aren't you a lease? Then why spend all the cash when your going to give the car back? I'm stage 1 revo with an intake,I ran dead even with a stage2 apr with intake and atp dp. To each their own, I'd just hate to see you spen all the cash and get fuel cuts and what ever else comes with apr. any if you get the apr go to wolfcars Adam is a great guy he'll take care of you. They do revo too. And they'll tell you they like revo better.

ssabripo

a/v guru
Car(s)
08 GTI
yeah...i'm leasing. But if I'm riding this car for 3 years, minus whale enjoy it :D

if you really break it down, it's about $0.50/day, which is fine with me to get the extra jump in performance!

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
One thing I did not like about Revo at Waterfest was there presentation. I saw APR trailor and was amazed because of there presentation. I was doing the math to see how much stage 2 with sps would cost and to upgrade with Revo the price seemed a little much. Every chip company out there is good and it just depends which place is closest to you. If I moved down here and didn't have a chip I would of probably done either Revo or Unitronics because I am curious on how they preform. I just wish the chip companies would do a race with stage 1 MKV and see who would win to make choosing easier. I still think computer chips are a hit and miss. I love my APR but sometimes I wonder how Revo, Unitronics, Giac, and others would compare to it.

Another thing I cannot stand how some say my chip is the best when they only tried Revo. I cannot stand some people because if you even dare compare them to another company it doesn't come close. Do your research and go on from there. Many out there will give you a bias opinion and not even state another company cause the one they own is the greatest.

ssabripo

a/v guru
Car(s)
08 GTI
exactly gtirevo33....obviously those that have X, Y, or Z chip will feel their chip is the best. I'm trying to see what is the most reliable, smoothest, chip upgrade.

so far, it seems from all the reading, that the APR has the smoothest improvement, but is not as aggressive as giac or revo. However, it also seems like the APR chips are also very reliable, so who knows.