GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carstar in Trenton

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
alright so as some of you may know in December I slid into a curb slowly on some ice. Well I needed it repaired so i went through insurnance and they sent me to Carstar in trenton/hamilton NJ . Well my car was there for 3.5 weeks and they were very rude to me and gave my alot of run arounds on gettin my car repaired. So needless to say I got my car back January 11th and have put 4k miles on since then. Just to add the parts repaired/replaced were the F/R Steering gear and steering arm.. and most the the R/R suspension comonents including a new control arm. Every so often i hear a clunk from the R/R but have been mostly ignoring it thinking its just a VW thing. Well last night I had 3 people in my car which is rare and I was in a parking garage looking for a spot. After going over a few speedbumps everyone heard the metal on metal clunk coming from the R/R of the car. This morning I found a local Carstar in Palmetto and they took my car right in and put it up on a lift and immediately saw the problem. On the part of the rear control arm is i believe the technician called it a caster bolt. It was obviously in upside down. Also the control arm is very loose and there were other things the technician could hear when he moved it but needed to tear apart the whole suspension to find out what. So they are calling carstar in trenton and having them pay for everything I will need (carstar has a nice 5 year warranty). This carstar in Palmetto has been very nice to me so far and appologetic for the trenton carstar. They will be setting up an appointment for me soon and have offered a free rental car for my troubles. Just thought i would share my story and will keep you guys posted on what exactly needs to be fixed and or replaced.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Glad to see you're getting everything worked out with that. Have them throw a proper exhaust on there while they're at it.