GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 Image Stabilized USM What you guys think

jl_rabbit

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,

Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 Image Stabilized USM
I'm interested to get this lens but, I will appreciated if you can give me any opinions.

Thank in advance.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
i was actually looking into buying this lens. it seemed like a good lens to start off with. decent range for different kinds of pictures.

you also gotta think about what kind of photography you want to do. theres a different lens for different pictures.

jl_rabbit

Ready to race!
i was actually looking into buying this lens. it seemed like a good lens to start off with. decent range for different kinds of pictures.

you also gotta think about what kind of photography you want to do. theres a different lens for different pictures.

Thanks for the input

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
have it, replaced the 18-55mm with it as my general/walk around lens. it's great. the additional 30mm makes for great versitility

ONGIE

Hey Guys,

Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 Image Stabilized USM
I'm interested to get this lens but, I will appreciated if you can give me any opinions.

Thank in advance.

I guess you are aware that this is an "EF-S" lens and EF-S works with compatible Canon EOS bodies such as the 20D, 30D, 40D and Digital Rebel Series...i use this lens on my 40D, it makes a great walk around lens and being relatively small and light is a great advantage, plus image quality is quite good.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
I guess you are aware that this is an "EF-S" lens and EF-S works with compatible Canon EOS bodies such as the 20D, 30D, 40D and Digital Rebel Series...i use this lens on my 40D, it makes a great walk around lens and being relatively small and light is a great advantage, plus image quality is quite good.

EOS bodies with the APS-C sensor size.

jl_rabbit

Ready to race!
Thanks for the input guys, I will used with my Canon Rebel XT
I just want a better lens than the 18-55 what comes with the camera, they are ok but I want something much better.
Also I have the Canon, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III.

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
17-85 is a decent lens. It's not razor sharp and has very pronounced geometrical distortion at the edges but much better than 18-55. Versatility is probably about the best because of the zooming range. AF is fast and very precise, IS does it's job flawless ! A better lens would be the 17-55/f2.8 but it's double the price of the 17-85 !

jl_rabbit

Ready to race!
17-85 is a decent lens. It's not razor sharp and has very pronounced geometrical distortion at the edges but much better than 18-55. Versatility is probably about the best because of the zooming range. AF is fast and very precise, IS does it's job flawless ! A better lens would be the 17-55/f2.8 but it's double the price of the 17-85 !

:w00t: Thank You