GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VS SEAT Cupra

So today while I was with my wife (who yells at me anytime I get remotley near 6K rpm) and her two brothers who are 18 and 16 and get all giddy when they feel the force of the GTI in their loins....

Well...me and this German guy are at a light and he has a United Grey SEAT. It looked pretty clean. He gives me this nod and I was not really planning on going, but the little boy inside makes me smile. The light turns green and I hear his tires squeal over the Fall Out Boy cd playing and he is about where my bumper is. I was like okay, so I punch it and he still stays in front of me. I think I pull past the redline in second and a little into third before I shut down. We tooled around the town for a minute and then get to another light where we are both stopped and he askes me to roll down my window. He asks if it is a GTI and I say yeah. He told me he has the 150 hp TDI motor and was wondering why I did not take him. I told him I had 4 people in the car and did not really tell him I had a bad launch (cause who likes excuses). But I still stayed with him....
Let alone my wife was slapping my leg telling me to stop stop....

Either way, I think if under different circumstances I would have blew right by him, but hey...

A Diesel beat me....

I know, I suck...

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
haha,,
4 in the car and you started after him,,,so its ok if he beats u :),,but i bet you where gonna pass him if the race continued

At first I was thinking...there has got to be something wrong with my car....but I realized that 4 in the car makes a difference.

I know 2 people in the MK2 really makes a difference...

Ohh well....maybe I will see that guy again, after I drop of the wife and kids and then turn off the ESP

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
4 in the car makes alot of differance ,,,, i usually cruise with 1 or 2 passengers with me,sometimes 3(total of 4 in car),, and i really can tell the huge differance in performance

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
atleast you were man enough to admit you were beaten, besides the GTI is a fast car, but not bullet proof.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
novaboy16 said:
You are in Oman??

I went to Oman back in May. I went to Muscat, the island of Masirah, and Salalah.

Wish I would have met you when I was there...

Lol I remember getting drunk in a karaoke bar in Salalah. Good ole navy days.

2.0T GTI

Ready to race!
novaboy16 said:
You are in Oman??

I went to Oman back in May. I went to Muscat, the island of Masirah, and Salalah.

Wish I would have met you when I was there...

yeah i'm in oman,,,i wish we met also ? coming anytime soon?

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
2.0T GTI said:
yeah i'm in oman,,,i wish we met also ? coming anytime soon?
oops,,,that was me but with my cozns username,,im using his computer(and i didnt realize i was signed in with his user when i replied)

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
novaboy16 said:
Where in Oman are you?

No, don't think I am coming to Oman again anytime soon. i was just there for a week.
i live in muscat