GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Screwed by EBGames -- Buyers Beware

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Alright, so while we were on our trip to Miami, my GF and I took her little brother to the mall and hit up EBGames. While we were there, I noticed GR:AW2 for only 19.99, the tag said "New" in big bold letters, and figured it was a good deal, so I went ahead and grabbed it for myself. I hadn't realy gotten the chance to install it until just now, so I went and fished it out of our bags. The first thing I noticed that I hadn't before was that it seemed a bit... light. Kind of like the box was missing something. I hadn't though anything of it, because alot of the new games or only on a single DVD and the manual is on the DVD rather than a thick booklet. Well, it all went downhill from there. After removig the plastic wrapping, the box was surprisingly easy to open. It slid right out of its display sleve, no tape holding in place. There weren't any sort of stickers around the edges holding the plastic box itself closed, nothing. Pop it open, and there is in-fact, no instruction booklet. The CD looks like its been used, and cleaned... poorly, I might add. And to top it all of, theres no CD key of any kind, so installation isnt even possible. Needless to say, any sort of EBGames/GameStop store complaint hotline works on banker hours, and closed who knows how long ago today. I'll have to call them tomorrow, and probably fight for hours to get some sort of refund, yet alone an actual new copy of the game.

Next time you guys go to EBGames or GameStop, and you find a game with NEW on the tag, I suggest you take it up to the register and tell them to prove it.

DarkstaR

dope freshhhhhhhhhhh
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
there's some sneaky motherfuckers who fuck around with the new/used games.

but I agree, next time you buy a game have them show you the contents of what is inside the box!

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
sorry to hear about that but ive had nothing but good experiences w/ eb games/gamestop

thanks for the warning anways

Me either! I think thats what pissed me off the most. I never had a chance... lol