GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boser Hood for MKV?

Dtm Kingson

Passed Driver's Ed
what do you guys think about that on the MKVs? they had done one dub modder but it didn't look that good. Anyone got some photoshop skill? lets see it

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
great idea. Hopefully you guys @ DTM can make it a reality if it looks good.

Dtm Kingson

Passed Driver's Ed
Bad hare said:
great idea. Hopefully you guys @ DTM can make it a reality if it looks good.

yes that is the idea, we have done alot of DTM Karbon Hood for VW/Audi that made eurotuner mag. Our widebody SLK is acutally in the current feature.

DTM Autohaus

Ready to race!
Dtm Kingson said:
what do you guys think about that on the MKVs? they had done one dub modder but it didn't look that good. Anyone got some photoshop skill? lets see it

how tripped out would that be if some lucky dood out there was the inspiration for the next gen MKBoser hood.
________
POT

Last edited:

RHYS

Ready to race!
Carbon Hood

The black part should be Carbon fibre, I would buy one tomorrow if it was made like this

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 6,941
  • hood2.jpg
    hood2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 6,464

capulina

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
My GTI, duh!
i think that would look awesome, a boser hood with the middle in CF. i would buy one:thumbup:

Rabbitpilot

Go Kart Champion
The MKV has a rather large hood. If the CF one had support ribs, I would say $800.00 would be fairly reasonable if it was a good weave. I would really dig a hood/grille combo that eliminates the cut for the badge and gives the capability to run grilles without the symbol. If there were mounting points for the gas shocks that raise the hood and included low pressure shocks, I would pay more.

LETS GO METS!!!

I had a CF hood from Fiber Images on my RSX, had the sides painted so it looked like the one you showed above. It might be a cheaper option for some to get a quality CF hood, but have the painting done elsewhere. Just a thought. For you NYers, I can hook you up with a very good shop and a deal. Pays to know people :biggrin:

Dtm Kingson

Passed Driver's Ed
Rabbitpilot said:
The MKV has a rather large hood. If the CF one had support ribs, I would say $800.00 would be fairly reasonable if it was a good weave. I would really dig a hood/grille combo that eliminates the cut for the badge and gives the capability to run grilles without the symbol. If there were mounting points for the gas shocks that raise the hood and included low pressure shocks, I would pay more.

That is a pretty good idea with the badgeless, I think we need someone work on a design. The idea is to have a different look for the front end by changing the grill and the hood. It will be a great combo with any type of spoiler and etc.