GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High mileage new car (GTI related)

jizzim

Doesn't have herpes
How much money would be appropriate to knock off of sticker for a brand new GTI Pkg 1 with miles on it already? I'm talking about 268 miles. The car was traded back and forth between dealers and also test driven.
Would invoice price be appropriate?

redGTI

Axis Motoring
Car(s)
02 & 08 GTI, 08 M3
I'd say they really don't owe any discount for just 268 miles. So anything you can get knocked off would be good...

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
yeah man, I'd say your lucky if they knock off anything at all.

jizzim

Doesn't have herpes
True.. I guess any excuse would be good. 268 is a lot of miles on a new car though. I figure it would be hard for the dealer to sell it. Ya never know. It's worth a shot I guess.
I'm working on a deal right now. It's the last day of the month and they need to move cars (as told by the salesman). Maybe it will be in my favor today. I'll update.

jizzim

Doesn't have herpes
alf said:
i thouhgt u were going to wait it out ;-)

Last ditch effort that's all. :wink: I'm not holding my breath though. If this doesn't work, I'm gonna just wait for the 2007's.

jizzim

Doesn't have herpes
Nevermind. I'm gonna wait. They offered to sell the car at 500 over invoice which isn't bad. With the amount they offered me for my trade-in, it would of left me at $4500 upside down. They wanted $27289 BEFORE TTL with the trade-in. I told them that I wanted the car $25000 drive out and that was my final offer.
They said that it was a take it or leave it situation and they will easily sell the GTI this weekend to someone else at sticker. We'll see. I told him I'll call back Monday to see if they did sell the car. :wink:

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
jizzim said:
How much money would be appropriate to knock off of sticker for a brand new GTI Pkg 1 with miles on it already? I'm talking about 268 miles. The car was traded back and forth between dealers and also test driven.
Would invoice price be appropriate?

DON'T DO IT!

I've test driven a few cars and you don't treat 'em nice.... That car could have been a demo as well... Half the time they come back smelling like clutch or something....

ONLY get a car with no drive time on it... I test drove one and then bought my car with 7 miles on and the white protective packing all over it... Nobody but me had touched it.

jizzim

Doesn't have herpes
I didn't go for it. 268 is a bunch of miles. I normally like less than 20 miles but money talks..

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
jizzim said:
I didn't go for it. 268 is a bunch of miles. I normally like less than 20 miles but money talks..
money does talk hungman. good luck in this last ditch effort :)

jizzim

Doesn't have herpes
One last try in Dallas. I might have insider help this time.. I'll keep you updated. I will place the call on Monday.