GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone locally have GIAC software installed?

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
I think my GIAC software is malfunctioning because it feels like it is lagging in acceleration. Does anyone locally have GIAC software installed, if so have you experienced any issues with it?

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
Thanks. Does the dealer do vag-com diagnostics? Also I'm not even sure if there is a problem but it just feels like the acceleration is slightly slower. Any other symptoms of a blown DV?

crabpot

Awesomesauce
If you have a blown PCV then oil will be coming out of your oil cap. The only way to tell if you have a blown DV is to check a boost gauge if you have one to see how much you are boosting, it you are boosting say 6 psi then you probably have a blown DV or PCV. The only other way to check the DV is to pull it off the car and examine it.

I would check for a blown PCV first and see if there is oil coming out of your oil cap, it so it's probably the PCV and not the DV.

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
So on my way home I got a high of about 14 psi but it more or less leveled out at 10 psi then would go down and back up every time I shifted. not sure if 10 psi is good enough.

crabpot

Awesomesauce
Hmm ... not sure what to tell you. Seems like you are boosting a little low if you are chipped.

I would check if there is oil around your oil cap to see if you have blown your PCV.

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
I checked the oil cap and there is nothing really in view but there was oil around the rim of it when I took it off. would this be bad?

crabpot

Awesomesauce
No, I don't think so. If your PCV was blown you would have oil around your engine cover around the oil cap. You may not have any issues at all, hard to tell.

It wouldn't be a software issue though, once the software is flashed there is nothing that can be done to corrupt it. Unless you went to the dealer and the OY update done recently.