GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problems So Far. '08 R32

Kaninchen

Vroom Vroom
Car(s)
2008 VW R32
-Sounds like something is loose in the passenger door...still not fixed.

-Exhuast has a metal-rattle tinny noise coming from it

-Right rear rotor is scarred

-Some cosmetic stuff on the paint-door

-Already had two reverse lights burn out

All within 1000 miles. Anyone else? Any solutions?

:help:

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
.:R 32
It's a lemon...Paypal me $20 and I'll come pick it up for you. :p

The door and exhaust should be warranty items.

The bulbs...try buying good bulbs...Sylvania's or such.

For the other two...well...they don't sound like VW's fault.

GaBoYnFla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R32
Mine does this when the car is cold. Seems to disappear after driving for 15-20 mins.

Yea...mine too...and my exhaust shield has rubbed against my shifter causing a squeak but is fixed. But I LOVE THIS CAR!:happyanim:

Dinan E53

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
Mine has some rattling noise coming from both door panels when i play my music loud.. but overall im happy with mine.. oh yeah i have that issue when i use my whipers at the second setting the auto wipers it does fast when the windshield gets a mist on it.. and i cant choose how fast i want it to intermit..

snowbunny

Ready to race!
guys ,, i just picked mine up literally 45mins ago ,, and when i did.... take a look at your B-pillar door frame piece ,, you'll see that its a black aluminum piece that is pinch fit onto the door. now,, take it and shit it toward you and away from you ,, you will see that the fit is less than perfect. i would bet thats the rattle you are hearing.

WakeHead

WakeHead
Car(s)
2008 R32 #0146
guys ,, i just picked mine up literally 45mins ago ,, and when i did.... take a look at your B-pillar door frame piece ,, you'll see that its a black aluminum piece that is pinch fit onto the door. now,, take it and shit it toward you and away from you ,, you will see that the fit is less than perfect. i would bet thats the rattle you are hearing.

Mines fine. Doesn't move.

snowbunny

Ready to race!
i'm sure some will some won't ,,, but i'm also assuming that yours doesn't rattle as well? ... and when i say "move".. its literally less that 1mm. but none the less ,, enough to vibrate. :D

cheers...

Kaninchen

Vroom Vroom
Car(s)
2008 VW R32
What is that noise when I open the drivers door? It sounds like the fuel pump turning on. But when I turn the key to "on", I hear the fuel pump again..but it sounds different.

In the morning when it's cold, the fuel pump makes a nice load SCREEEECCCCHHH for like a minute. Kind of embarrassing!!!