GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1/8 or 1/4 track near atlanta/marietta

Mollenator

I just got my mkv gti and i want to do some base runs to what i can get out of her. if anyone can tell me some good 1/8 or 1/4 tracks neat atl/marietta it would be a great help.

teflon

Passed Driver's Ed
theres an 1/8 mile track in ft oglethorpe, north of marietta and commerce has a 1/4 mile track. I think there may be an 1/8 mile track in dallas but not 100% sure. congrats on the car

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
I also want to do a test run- I am not sure if Atlanta speedway has a strip. Let me know what you find out, maybe we can head out their together.

I work in Marietta, and i've been asking around for strips also, but never got a word from anyone.
fill me in on some details, i've had my gti for a little over a year and just now got into mods.

why dont we all just meet up somewhere?

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
I work in Marietta, and i've been asking around for strips also, but never got a word from anyone.
fill me in on some details, i've had my gti for a little over a year and just now got into mods.

why dont we all just meet up somewhere?

fill you in on what details-how to mod or the strips? if its how to mod- I am a newbie also-tons of info on this forum and vwvortex. I did some cosmetic mods so far such as eyelids, lamin-x fogs, fogs as drl, tinted side markers, air filter. I am hoping to install APR tbe and stage 2 software soon. But I need a track to go to and test it out- dont want to get a ticket testing on the street:biggrin:

fill you in on what details-how to mod or the strips? if its how to mod- I am a newbie also-tons of info on this forum and vwvortex. I did some cosmetic mods so far such as eyelids, lamin-x fogs, fogs as drl, tinted side markers, air filter. I am hoping to install APR tbe and stage 2 software soon. But I need a track to go to and test it out- dont want to get a ticket testing on the street:biggrin:

All I've done to mine is a Eurosport Cool flo intake (which is pretty nice might I add.)
What I was asking on the details was where there was a strip, the one in dallas was shut down not too long ago, it's just a mile from where I live, still there, but run down and usually has a cop sitting at the entrance hiding with radar. (it's off a busy road)
Definitely PM me if you want to meet up somewhere at some point, i'm usually free on friday and saturday nights.

Mollenator

if anyone wants to meet up this saturday night around 10 cause i work till about 9:30 10 pm me. im down for what ever. i was thinking somewhere off of barrette pkway. but if anyone eles has an idea just let me know.

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
I would have love to go to the track but I just mapquest calhoun and you are about 100 miles from me. Sorry but way too far. We need to find a middle ground.

Mollenator

It went all right. There were an ass load of mustangs. But the track was on a slop so when you staged at the lights you would roll back. oh the mustangs where everywhere. it was strait hickvill. i ran a 9.9 i know i could of done better but the slop was pissing me off so i left.