GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering wheel controls w/ aftermarket HU

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
yea but not yet... There is a controler but it has not been released yet for our cars... I'll let the more install audio guys give you the details on it

Jon Whitehouse

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Hi Vdubbers

I am a development engineer for a company in the UK called Connects2. As you can see from our website www.connects2.com we design and manufacture all kinds of aftermarket car audio installation accesories, one of which is steering wheel control adapters. As it is my project to design the VAG steering wheel control interface I visited Germany last week to try and get some information from the car. The adapter I have done will also output speed pulse information and reverse gear signals so as to aid the install of aftermarket SAT Nav units. The adapter also outputs ignition and an illumination supply as these are not present in the standard cars wiring. The original radio doesn`t require them as it operates over the vehicles CAN network and receives all its ignition and illumination signals in data a format. The adapter I have produced so far works on the Touareg, New Passat and Audi A4 however is not fully functional on the Golf V at present. I desperatly need access to a Golf V in the UK to finalise the adapter. The problem I am having is it seems steering wheel controls are very rare in the UK and I can not find a car to look at anywhere. If anyone has one and would be willing to let our company monitor the data on it to finalise the development of the adapter we would be very grateful and your generosity would not go un rewarded. I can be contacted directly on jon.whitehouse@connects2.co.uk. As soon as I have a working sample Vdubbers I can send you one out for testing if you would like to do this ?

AlainLeon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
Jon Whitehouse said:
Hi Vdubbers

I am a development engineer for a company in the UK called Connects2. As you can see from our website www.connects2.com we design and manufacture all kinds of aftermarket car audio installation accesories, one of which is steering wheel control adapters. As it is my project to design the VAG steering wheel control interface I visited Germany last week to try and get some information from the car. The adapter I have done will also output speed pulse information and reverse gear signals so as to aid the install of aftermarket SAT Nav units. The adapter also outputs ignition and an illumination supply as these are not present in the standard cars wiring. The original radio doesn`t require them as it operates over the vehicles CAN network and receives all its ignition and illumination signals in data a format. The adapter I have produced so far works on the Touareg, New Passat and Audi A4 however is not fully functional on the Golf V at present. I desperatly need access to a Golf V in the UK to finalise the adapter. The problem I am having is it seems steering wheel controls are very rare in the UK and I can not find a car to look at anywhere. If anyone has one and would be willing to let our company monitor the data on it to finalise the development of the adapter we would be very grateful and your generosity would not go un rewarded. I can be contacted directly on jon.whitehouse@connects2.co.uk. As soon as I have a working sample Vdubbers I can send you one out for testing if you would like to do this ?

bump bump someone please help this man out.