GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VAG-COM remote mod

JohnHS

Passed Driver's Ed
I took my R32 in for a few minor warranty issues. Something was loose in the hatch, the cover for the console bin wasn't staying closed, and I wanted the VAG-COM mod to roll my windows down with the remote.

They told me I had too much stuff in the bin to close the lid. Now I had emptied the bin and it still took me about 15 tries to get it to stay shut but I'll be damned if it didn't start working fine after taking it in.

The thing that really gets me is that I was told the service techs had been told at a VW training that they were NOT to do the remote mod because it may put a strain on the electrical system so it was not done. Sigh. This sounds like BS to me. Anyone else get this from their dealer?

MarioR32

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk5 R32 MY07
the dealer has no obligation to do ANY vag-com adjustments
in fact most will not do it

That doesn't sound right to me....

In australia we get one (1) free vag adjustment per year at the dealers...? but im not sure what the go is around your way?...

& Yeh john...It does sound like BS ! .. Strain on the battery my arse!.. Quite simply if it wasnt designed to do it... it wouldnt be an option.

id go back.. and be firm on your request.. if needed call Volkswagen head office in your area and ask them.

cheers mate..

mario.

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
over here, if u go to the dealer and demand a vag com modification, they can just tell u to fuck off

...and often times they will. I've vagged at least 15 cars by now at least and anytime i see a new owner i offer the service. I have it with me wherever i go and i do it for free unless someone wants to buy me a cup of coffee.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
depends on what mod you want. if it's something that's on the window sticker, then they have to do it. but if it's not on the window sticker, then in most cases, they won't.

with regards to remote windows, disabling drl's, etc., most won't do it for liability reasons.

vdubya 6

cant spell or tipe!
yea i think the disabling the drl is a liability issue because i think u get a small dedution on your insurrance if u have them

mikep

Ready to race!
Hmmmm read this thread, went out to the carpark and sure enough I was able to open the windows with the remote.

So to say it hurts the system is total BS !

Its a neat trick however I honestly cannot think of any reason why I would want to do it !!

Close, yes, I've used that feature on the odd occasion, but open ??

teriba

Ready to race!
And the Micro-CAN is only $250 I think.