GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 Back Bumper And Exhaust System On GTI

joakim

Go Kart Newbie
Hi! I just ordered the R32 back bumper with the exhaust system to use on my CW GTI MK5. I will keep the GTI badges so people don't confuses it with the R32. :) I will paint the side skirts and the front lip so it match.

Now, I'm just worried how much it will cost to let someone paint and mount this or can I mount it by myself? I think the exhaust system requiring at least some knowledge about what you doing and I have none.. Please let me know.

Delboy

Oval Newbie
How much of the exhaust needs changing, is it just the back box or the whole thing, how does the rear bumber work, again is it just the insert or the whole lower rear.

joakim

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for yoru answers.

HotLanta MKfizzle - Is the price including painting?

Delboy - I think the end of the exhaust will be totally replaced.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
joakim said:
Thanks for yoru answers.

I paid $500.00 dollars to have my full Votex body kit (front valence, rear valence, side skirts) painted and installed, also 18'' wheels installed and allignment included. Going by that I figure the exhaust will be a couple extra hours work, and installing that rear bumper is a little harder too.

:headbang:

Delboy

Oval Newbie
joakim said:
Thanks for yoru answers.

Hi Joakim, do you mean from the rear tail pipes to the first join?

joakim

Go Kart Newbie
Delboy said:
Hi Joakim, do you mean from the rear tail pipes to the first join?

Delboy - I haven't seen how it looks like but I assume it's like this but with the exhaust in the middle (see attached). Somebody have a pic of the R32 exhaust system?

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 5,077

joakim

Go Kart Newbie
Here is a simple mockup of how I want the result to be like. I will keep the GTI front bumper but paint the side skirts and lips white.

Attachments

• gti_with_r32_exhaust.png
    gti_with_r32_exhaust.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 5,050

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
ive looked into this and talked to my friend about it and he told me that it wouldnt work cuz its a totally different engine or something like that. he went into pretty good detail and he said i shouldnt get it. he is pretty knowledgable about this stuff(im not so much) so i trust his word.

but definetely let us know how it works out!

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
joakim said:
Here is a simple mockup of how I want the result to be like. I will keep the GTI front bumper but paint the side skirts and lips white.

You cant just paint the sides and front lip, those pieces are textured and will not look right unless you have them smoothed out.

joakim

Go Kart Newbie
heftylefty said:
ive looked into this and talked to my friend about it and he told me that it wouldnt work cuz its a totally different engine or something like that. he went into pretty good detail and he said i shouldnt get it. he is pretty knowledgable about this stuff(im not so much) so i trust his word.

but definetely let us know how it works out!

Hi, the shop I purchased it from assured it will work on the GTI MK5. But I don't really know. I will let ya know when I get it.