GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where in God's Name can i get 18's For my GTI

Bigbhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Guys,

I dont know if i am being too picky but i am really strugling to find anywhere that can do a decent rim for the new GTI without it costing the sum of a small african nations debt!!

The Sportec Momo is my fav but at 900 per wheel, plus tyres, plus some fabircation to fit its a bit too much money!!

Does anyone have 18inchers on their car and if so where did you get them?? Much problems fitting them?? have you had tto lower the car??

Please help:

miketoti

Autocross Newbie
Did it through VW, got the Monza 18s (Huffs), traded my 17s for a change over price of 2400 with tyres! Haven't lowered yet, haven't even taken delivery of my car yet but that'll happen on wednesday!

I understand where your coming from with price. It's bloody expensive to do it after you've taken delivery cos you loose soo much on the 17s. I probably wouldnt have done it if I went down your path, I couldn't justify the price, so when I managed a decent deal with the stealers I jumped at the chance.
Good luck

vmq6695

May you be well and happy
Car(s)
VW Golf
Note that manufacturers have lifted the price of wheels by 20% this year, to compensate them for the spike in aluminium prices. Of course, aluminium prices have dropped back a little from their peak in May, but the retail prices of wheels haven't!

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Bigbhoy said:
Hi Guys,

I dont know if i am being too picky but i am really strugling to find anywhere that can do a decent rim for the new GTI without it costing the sum of a small african nations debt!!

Please help:

What is your definition of "decent"?

Are you saying decent is only a wheel from one of the big names like BBS, OZ, momo etc. or a decent design??

Wheels from the likes of BBS or OZ will always cost a fortune here, no real way of getting around it unless you buy from overseas.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
miketoti said:
Did it through VW, got the Monza 18s (Huffs), traded my 17s for a change over price of 2400 with tyres! Haven't lowered yet, haven't even taken delivery of my car yet but that'll happen on wednesday!

I understand where your coming from with price. It's bloody expensive to do it after you've taken delivery cos you loose soo much on the 17s. I probably wouldnt have done it if I went down your path, I couldn't justify the price, so when I managed a decent deal with the stealers I jumped at the chance.
Good luck

how did you get the 18' monza (Huffs) and what do they look like???are they the same as the standard 17's tanx

miketoti

Autocross Newbie
Thats pretty much what they look like!!
One of these weeks I'll get off my behind and take some decent photos! Wont be for six weeks or so coz im off to Euro.:thumbup:
Gonna miss the GTI though... :cry:
But when I get back.... :drool:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
how long does it take the dealer to order the 18" huffs

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Don't go in asking for "huffs" Only the seppos call them huffs.

They're called "Detroit" here I believe, and also "Monza II" in Europe.