GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Addition to the Family....

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
I'm loading up the wife element and father-in-law in the R32 to go to Seattle in a few minutes. The Smart Car dealership called and told my wife that the car she ordered is ready for her to see it today, at 1130! I tried my best to bribe her with an A 3, a Jetta Sport Wagon... diesel, and a 4 door GTI, to no avail. She had a 1st gen Smart Car when I was in Vicenza, Italy, about 6 years ago. She bought it, then had to sell it back to the dealer when we returned to the States. SHe has wanted another one ever since then. Wish me luck....:help:

crabpot

Awesomesauce
Smart car, huh?

I used to think they were super cool until they came out here. Only issue I have with them is that they are kind of expensive for what they are but they are small as hell which is pretty cool. What model did she get?

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
wo....you just told me about that in Balad the other day. hope she likes the new Smart! wanna race for pinks?

I'll take you in the.:R or the smart :biggrin:

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
going to pick it up today, and the wife is giddy. Going to have evry option in the book, leather and heated seats, more stuff to make it her own. Can't wait for her to drive it home!

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
it's a passion model, white with black leather

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
did you get a smart badged one or one of the original mercedes branded grey market import ones?

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
They've always been branded as smart cars, even when they imported from Europe before they existed here.

yea i know but i mean they were mercedes smart cars with mercedes logos(mercedes was manufacturor, Smart was model). Now they only have the smart badges.

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
It's SMART branded but i don't know how it will register with WADOT. They think my R32 is a GTI, so the psychos are running the asylum. We drove home from Southcenter, and I followed the wife in the Smart with the R32. She was able to maintain 60-70 MPH with no problems... I thought the ting might be gutless, but 71 HP in a car that size is enough for it to get out of it's own way. THe wife is happy, and she has the distinction of taking the first Smart off of the showroom floor. I drove it down union street from UPS to Target, and I am happy with it.... for the wife!!:thumbup:

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
It's SMART branded but i don't know how it will register with WADOT. They think my R32 is a GTI, so the psychos are running the asylum. We drove home from Southcenter, and I followed the wife in the Smart with the R32. She was able to maintain 60-70 MPH with no problems... I thought the ting might be gutless, but 71 HP in a car that size is enough for it to get out of it's own way. THe wife is happy, and she has the distinction of taking the first Smart off of the showroom floor. I drove it down union street from UPS to Target, and I am happy with it.... for the wife!!:thumbup:

as far as the state knows I drive a "VW GTF"