GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

hey all!

A18_RYU

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
MKV Sport TDi
Noobie here, how you all doing? anyone watch the england match? what poo! england need to start playing like they want to win in my opinion!!!

anywhos, i just ordered myself a Black magic Golf Sport! should be arriving in about 4 to 6 weeks. i originally was after a SE in 3 door, but I was told that VW had discontinued making the SE in 3 door which I thought was silly, but obviously must be affecting the sales of the 3 door sport.
the only optional extra i am adding is the central arm rest. I believe a lovely car like the mk5 golf should be for relaxing driving as opposed to thrashing it about everywhere!!

I shall get some pictures up when i get the car, but for now I shall be researching the car and modifications that can be made on here! :thumbsup:

Ryan

A18_RYU

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
MKV Sport TDi
i have to admit i missed the first 20minutes of the second half. i was round a friends helping him unload his car after his day at a drift meet.
i saw the goal in the replay and the goalkeeper didnt have a chance! awesome goal, hope he gets well soon :)

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
A18_RYU said:
i have to admit i missed the first 20minutes of the second half. i was round a friends helping him unload his car after his day at a drift meet.
i saw the goal in the replay and the goalkeeper didnt have a chance! awesome goal, hope he gets well soon :)

No he's fine, he was just de-hydrated, but yeah his goal was superb, straight to the highlight reel.

:headbang:

A18_RYU

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
MKV Sport TDi
quick question....the americans have a model called the Rabbit :S what and why??

errorini

Oval Newbie
The Rabbit is the Golf. I think it used to be called the Rabbit long ago in the US, because they thought it would be better for marketing but then they changed it to it's real name, Golf, a bit after. This year they're bringing back Rabbit for whatever reason.

GTI2007

The only difference between the Golf and the Rabbit is that the Rabbit gets a 2.5L 5 cylinder in line engine that produces 150 HP while the Golf doesn't get this engine but used the non-turbo version of the GTI engine that also produced 150 HP but is now not more available as engine for the Golf.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
i wouldve thought, getting the golf sport, u would be getting that really good 1.4TSI engine.

GTI2007

newtogolf said:
i wouldve thought, getting the golf sport, u would be getting that really good 1.4TSI engine.

If you buy a Golf Sport you can indeed choose for the 1.4TSI engine, but it doesn't produce 170 HP, as it does in the GT, but only 140 HP which makes that the Golf Sport with the 1.4TSI accelerates 0.9 seconds slower from 0-62 mph then the GT.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
still better than the 1.6 FSI, which i dont think they sell anymore on the sport model.

A18_RYU

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
MKV Sport TDi
yeh they discontinued the 3 door 1.6 SE, and i am guessing they have discontinued the 1.6 FSi 3 door Sport which is why i am going to be calling my dealer on monday....getting a bit worried as to what spec it will actually come with. And i particularly dont want to get a call in 3 weeks time saying that they cannot make my car as they dont do the 1.6 fsi in a sport!!!

however, i would love to have the 1.4 TSi, but for insurance reasons i dont think that i would be able to afford a 1.4 turbo car :(