GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

hose pipe ban sucks

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
yesterday i gave me car a good clean and i did a great job!

but the problem is we have a hose pipe ban cos they cant manage their water supplies properly. so instead of spraying the car with this water jet we own, i had to make regular trips to the sink and fill the bucket up then splash it on the car.

shame about that. took twice as long, made me twice as tired with all the lifting and the rinsing wasnt as effective.

and u cant buck the system either. u get caught and its a £1,000 fine. yes i could take it somewhere to be washed but to be honest i think i do a better job than them. they may have their labour, shampoos, jets etc but one thing they lack is the passion. i want my car to look as clean as possible, they just want to do as many cars in a day as possible.

the moderators are gona have a tough time deciding where this topic should go. i sure as hell couldnt make up my mind.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
you can't use a hose or bucket... you guy must be very low on water this year... sorry about that... I bet with the bucket method you'd use less water than the pay car wash...

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Vivid said:
you can't use a hose or bucket... you guy must be very low on water this year... sorry about that... I bet with the bucket method you'd use less water than the pay car wash...

The pay car wash probablly has to pay some sort of tax to be able to use a hose. Doesn't it rain in London alot?

:headbang:

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
shit mate...
i dont have the ban but i still prefer the old method of bucket and sponge!
that way you can make sure its MUCH cleaner.. + when your drying it off you can do it a section at a time.

MKV GTI

Autocross Champion
ahahaha A BUCKET!!! that must have taken forever!!! haha. if i did that i would get a workout from running up and down the stairs in my condo haha. i would probably start having to take the elevator ahahah

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I'm confused, you can't use a hose, or a pipe or is it just that you can't use both?

Kidding, I used to bug my (ex)girlfriend (from Manchester) about hosepipes all the time..........

bilbos

On the Kop
If Thames Water pulled their finger out and fixed most of the leaks in the system, then there wouldn't need to be a hosepipe ban :mad:

It is a lot easier to rinse the car with a hosepipe though. Hopefully they will lift the ban in a couple of months and normal service will be resumed.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
MKV GTI said:
ahahaha A BUCKET!!! that must have taken forever!!! haha. if i did that i would get a workout from running up and down the stairs in my condo haha. i would probably start having to take the elevator ahahah

does take ages. but it was rinsed in the end.

A18_RYU

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
MKV Sport TDi
i second this, i only been driving for about 3 months but i have been washing my family's cars for like 5 years!
this whole bucket to rince off the car is proving how stoopid the english government is!

i believe that the leakages for last month was enough fo fill 62 full size football pitches!!! or thereabouts!