GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Checking In #3205, Some Questions and Comments

Jon3205

I posted this on Vortex too, copying it over here as my intro here...

Hello everyone, got my UG Navi R32 #3205 last Weds. I have put 280 miles on it so far and Love it!

I have only owned high performance cars and this one is not the fastest nor the slowest but all around one of my favorite combinations of driving enjoyment! I look forward to owning it for 2 years. I did the short term lease because I always seem to change vehicles every 1-2 years.

Bought my car at Miramar VW/Audi in San Diego talk to Tim he hooked me up!

Some questions I have:

~I have the factory Nav with Ipod doc, can the oem 6disc changer be swapped in or added in addition to? I dont care for Ipods.

~Do I have Sirius sat radio factory installed?

~Who here is local in Socal and has tracked/autocrossed their MKV R32? (not interested in 1/4mile) I am interested in getting this car on a track! If so any scheduled upcoming events? I have raced with NASA for years. DE 3/4

And my last question

~Is it normal that from a stop in Drive when accelerating it feels like letting a clutch slip a lot from a roll on?

Thank you everyone in advance!

~Jon

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
question 2 can be asnwered by looking at you antenna and your window sticker thing.

if you have a whip antenna, its just AM/FM. sharkfin antenna is sat.

EDIT: Gratz on the .:R BTW..........lets see pics!

dmw16

Ready to race!
I think all R32's have Sat Radio (hope I don't get yelled at if Im wrong :). But it was standard on my 08 GTI so it should be standard on your R32. Hit the "SAT" button. You probably have to activate it, but new VW's come with 3 months free.

Jon3205

Thanks guys!

I Found the Sat! I have the factory Navi so I have to hit the "band" button until I get to the Sat prompt, I didnt get a 3month pass, do I just call?

Oh also I just moved to San Diego from Phoenix, thats why I dont know the goings on here!

Some of my racing background. Here is a link to my Drift car that im trying to sell, not the pretties car but a MONSTER!:D:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=162742

edit: I found this autocross info for Socal hope this helps others too, I may go to the Feb 3rd autocross if I have enough miles on it: http://www.solo2.com/calendar.asp

binky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Mazda MX-5
Talk to your service dept. to see if they want to swap out your ipod adapter. I believe it's possible but not all dealers do it.