GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

.: 8th Annual Cruise For The Cure l May 4th:.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
One of my favorite cruises. last year was a blast. pretty sweet car show at the end.
cruise starts in Federal Way, WA and ends at Lake Samamish.

http://www.cruiseforthecure.net/

What is CFTC : Cruise for the Cure was started in 2004 as an event to dust off our VW's and get them on the open road for all to see. The day includes a 100 mile drive from Federal Way, WA to Snoqualmie Summit before continuing back down I-90 to Lake Sammamish State Park. At the park we have Music, Food, Kids Activities, Silent Auction and historically over 200 VW's.

Although started as an Aircooled Event, we've been excited to see the Watercooled VW Community join us in increasing numbers each year. CFTC is more than just a Day to Cruise and hang out with fellow VW'ers. At the heart of CFTC is a Cause that needs our help. Every year we raise funds for a new local charity. Our first years benefactor was Childrens Hospital of Seattle. Our second year we choose the Evergreen Chapter for A.L.S Reserach. Third year's benefactor was the Starlight Starbright Children’s Foundation. For our 4th Annual CFTC we've chosen Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis in honor of one of our own: Sadie Jordan.

Our goal is to keep this a free event to anyone who wishes to join us for a day of fun and sun (weather permitting). To make this possible we need help from local sponsors. For more information on how to get involved check out our Sponsor Page.

Driving Etiquette: Cruise (krooz) - To go or move along, especially in an unhurried or unconcerned fashion.

Keeping this in mind lets all have a good time ‘Cruising’ together. Please keep passing to a minimum and be patient. Previous years have resulted in a line of over 11 miles long. This is certainly a fantastic sight but we are all responsible for ensuring each other’s safety. Look for volunteers directing traffic at the start of the cruise and parking attendants when we arrive at Lake Sammamish State Park. We will have film crews driving with us so be aware of some possible non-VW’s amongst us that are documenting the Day. Watch for vehicles merging and exiting vehicles that must cross our line.

Directions to Start Point: For Carpoolers you can take the new HOV 317th Exit in Federal Way (just north of Tacoma). Once you get to the top of the exit ramp head West and take your first Left into the Courtyard Marriott Parking lot.

For those riding solo, take the 320th Exit, head West on 320th and take your first Right into the Courtyard Marriott Parking lot. We will have signs and Parking Attendants to help you get staged. Be there no later than 9am to Depart by 10am. (we prefer you show up early)

Cruise Route: We will take I-5 North to Seattle to Eastbound I-90 intersection. Once on I-90 it’s a straight shot to Snoqualmie Summit. For those that aren’t joining the group to the Summit you can Exit I-90 as we pass the Lake Sammamish (Exit 15). For those that go to the top of the Pass we will park for 30-45minutes to cool off and take in the scenery. Listen for the Megaphone to announce our Departure back I-90 to the Park (Exit 15). [View Map]

How You Can Help: Our goal has always been to keep this a free event for anyone who wants to participate. The only way we're able to do this is from the help we get from our Sponsors and selling Shirts and DVD's.

CFTC 2006 and 2007 DVD's will be available at the event and at most Pacific Northwest VW Events throughout the summer for only $10.

Cruise for The Cure 2008
May 4th, 2008
Come out and help support the Fisher House
http://www.fisherhouse.org/aboutUs/aboutUs.shtml

1. VDubVirus ~ Not going. way lame
2. HeftyLefty - drivin or ridin shotty with Crabpot. def goin.
3. Crosby
4. Chris2021
5. James21 + Grace
6. Thomaschh

EDIT: Pics from last year of Tomaschh's Beetle and my GTI

Last edited:

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
Jaems said he was in when I talked to him last night so I will add his name.

tomaschh, Jaffy, "Cali", Element, Billybovne, wallingford? you guys in?

I know you were there last year tom. loved the beetle.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
no I did, it was about military familes and stuff but thats not really an illness

its a cruise to raise money for the fisher house. before the begining of the cruise they have a meeting to talk about what the money is going for that year. its just a fun cruise behind an awsome cause.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
Cool pics Arron, this should be fun.

thanks dude. I got sweet pics I can show you guys when I get back from the top of the pass. there was an awsome '50s Speedster parked RIGHT BEHIND me. I almost stole it and left my keys for the owner. lol.

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
I mean i have no problem with charity and/or cruising but they should call it something else