GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

.:Port Townsend Cruise '08 | Sunday, March 9th:.

crabpot

Awesomesauce
Copied from vortex

Link to the original post:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3624306

"It's time again for the annual Port Townsend Cruise!! This year marks the 4th of what has turned out to be an annual event and this year's drive will be held on Sunday, March 9th '08. Details from previous years are outlined below for everyone's convenience but please take note of a few changes. Thanks to Sho and eggroller for organizing the very first event - it has grown to become one of the yearly favorites!

Where to meet: Southcenter Mall parking lot (by Nordstrom on the west-side of the mall) at 9AM. In previous years, we met on the south-side by Sears. Well there's a rather large parking structure there now so we're moving the meeting spot over just a few rows in front of Nordstrom. =P Everyone (european car enthusiasts) in the greater Seattle area meets up at Southcenter Mall to shoot the breeze and get acquainted with each other. Make sure to have your own route info and map printed up prior to the meet. (printable version with .pdf below) Also, be sure to arrive with a full tank of gas. There is a Chevron gas station just across the street from where we will be meeting.

Southcenter Mall Security will more than likely come through to check-up on us as we gather for the drive. Please be courteous to them and let them know what is going on, and that we will be leaving at around 9:35. You can count on them notifying local and state authorities so mind your driving as we enter and exit the mall parking lot and surrounding areas.

Take off: 9:35am

We will leave Southcenter Mall at 9:35 and head out the west-end of the parking lot (Nordstrom side), and head south, then west towards I-5, then head south on I-5. In past years with the number of cars attending, we can expect to be separated by lights and traffic. If everyone in the front of the line keeps within the posted speed limits, others left behind should be able to catch up... Even if catching up doesn't happen until you get to Tacoma, drive carefully and responsibly.

Also in previous years there has been a pit-stop at the rest area where Hwy 104 and 19 meet just before arriving in Port Townsend. This year we intend to have people guide the parking situation upon our arrival in Port Townsend so we plan to head right into town - no pitstops. This will also give us more time to actually spend in town for lunch.

Route:
---------->**Please download a map of route and timeline**<--------------

* I-5 south, HWY 16 West, Hwy 3 North, turn left on HWY 104
* After Hood Canal bridge take right onto Hwy 19, continue north onto Hwy 20, end at Port Townsend.

FRS Radio Channel:
* 6-8 (main channel - sub channel)
* If you don't have a Motorola Talkabout radio here is a list of the non-Motorola Privacy codes.

In Port Townsend: Everybody will break for about 3 hrs. (max.) to find a place to eat in town. After that, we'll cruise on to Fort Worden State Park for a group picture (pending approval from Fort Worden Rangers), similar to the one above maybe. After that, everyone is on their own as far as cruising home or group up however you wish.

Mind your driving habits on this cruise! When we drive as a group, each and every one of us represents the community as a whole . No burn-outs in the parking lots, no illegal lane-passing, keep a controlled speed at all times, and respect the Port Townsend community and others that we pass through. Give everyone else the right-of-way. DO NOT keep people from merging onto the Hwy just because you do not want to be separated by the european car in front of you!! DO NOT pass on the shoulder. I strongly encourage anyone to call 911 and report those driving unsafely. There is a rather large risk in travelling in large groups like this and we need to realize that despite our numbers, we do NOT own the road!!

Our "VIP Parking" space will be pretty similar this year, in that we will park along Memorial Field on Washington St. However we will this time use both sides of Washington St. and parallel park in a single-line (as opposed to double like last year). There were concerns from lowered-cars that passengers could not get out of the car without hitting the door on the sidewalk. This also ensures that anyone who has to leave early can do so without being blocked in. Any over-flow parking will end up in a parking lot on the far-end of Washington St., next to a skate park. Any further over-flow beyond what spaces are reserved will need to fill up the other spaces along the adjacent streets from the main group. Also, this year's parking fees will be taken care of so don't send me any money - unless you want to. =P

Tacoma Narrows Bridge Toll: Please don't forget there is a toll on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge now. It is only charged eastbound. The cost is $3. Of course those taking the ferry back will not have to pay that fee.

Quote, originally posted by jettajny »
Just an FYI: For those going BACK to Seattle area, The attached link is for the Southworth Ferry (Get off 16 at Sedgwick, go straight till you get to the boat..) that takes you over to Fauntleroy (West Seattle). The fare is $8.90, but with the $3.00 bridge fee and the cost of gas, it may we well worth the thought.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferrie...e=f-s

I still need to get an idea of how many people are going though (car count) so please post up if you are 100% confirmed. I need this info to better coordinate parking."

Attendees**:

01. crabpot - Crosby
02. VDV - Arron
03. heftylefty - Matt
04. chris2021 - Bitchy McWhinerson

Last edited:

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
ASSHOLE. I was waiting for that to be posted.

Anyhoo. I'm in. obviously. this cruise was awsome last year. I should be home by the 22nd of Feb. so yeah. I'm def in.

Crosby. edit your OP. take the vortex ist off, and add one for just us.

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
ya so i was thinking and since im gonna be riding shotty in arrons car, can i leave my car at your place for the day crosby? i dont wanna leave my car at southcenter(dont trust the place) so i would just cruise with you to there.

crabpot

Awesomesauce
ASSHOLE. I was waiting for that to be posted.

Anyhoo. I'm in. obviously. this cruise was awsome last year. I should be home by the 22nd of Feb. so yeah. I'm def in.

Crosby. edit your OP. take the vortex ist off, and add one for just us.

I'm on it.

ya so i was thinking and since im gonna be riding shotty in arrons car, can i leave my car at your place for the day crosby? i dont wanna leave my car at southcenter(dont trust the place) so i would just cruise with you to there.

Yeah, that's fine with me. You can ride with me if you want, but that's cool if you are gonna roll with Arron. We'll figure out the details as we get closer.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
looks good. I see your using my nickname. Epic.

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
What I dont get a capital C? And it's in the wrong order?!?! I call shenanigains!

James21

Automotive Enthusiast
Car(s)
71 Nova
Hey Im probly in! But if its cool I might ride with you chris! And grace too.
Ill help with gas if you let me drive lol!