GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR?

hypnotica003

Ready to race!
how does the the "more aggressive" tunes from APR compare with REVO? is REVO still a more aggressive, how does the boost of APR's new tune compare with REVO on Stage 1 and stage 2? graphs and logs would be good

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
REVO you can adjust to the specifications you want, i.e. A/F, boost and such. different settings = less or more aggressive. With APR you cant adjust it yourself, its kind of "out of the box" type tune. not saying better or worse, you just cant adjust the settings like REVO. Others, please correct me if im wrong.

slikster

Ready to race!
You are right however that does not answer the OP's question.

I believe he is asking for the comparison between the "out of the box" tunes by both companies.

From what I have seen for both stage 1 and stage 2 tunes, Revo boosts higher, has higher EGT's,and has more correction as far as timing.

This is why REVO has higher numbers. Also, because APR is more conservative and runs a little richer, there are more associated fuel cuts.

One of the main reasons I went with APR is because of their conservative nature. Granted you can adjust yourself with REVO SPS if you have a VAG or access to a dyno.

itsYANO

08 GTI mkV Midnight Black
Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
x2.. REVO is an adjustable tune.. APR is not.. its not better its just ifferent. However, if you know what your doing REVO has the ability to be customized to the users specific needs/wants.. APR is still a good tune tho.

correct me if im wrong but.. if you take same car with same mods REVO stg 2
vs. APR stg 2 your going to see similar gains..

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
yea similar gains, but im sure REVO puts more power out due to each individual Aggressive settings..

hypnotica003

Ready to race!
You are right however that does not answer the OP's question.

I believe he is asking for the comparison between the "out of the box" tunes by both companies.

From what I have seen for both stage 1 and stage 2 tunes, Revo boosts higher, has higher EGT's,and has more correction as far as timing.

This is why REVO has higher numbers. Also, because APR is more conservative and runs a little richer, there are more associated fuel cuts.

One of the main reasons I went with APR is because of their conservative nature. Granted you can adjust yourself with REVO SPS if you have a VAG or access to a dyno.

thats exactly what i meant. im talking the out of the box flash from both.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
yea, but the out of the box REVO isnt really meant to stay that way unless you dont want to change it. thats why they have the SPS. APR stays the same no matter what. Why would you get REVO just to keep the "out of the box" settings if they pride themselves on their "tune ability"?

hypnotica003

Ready to race!
im not going to keep the out of box settings. but i wont e buying the sps until water/meth (after st 2) and thats a long way off for me

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
wait, you called APR pussy power?

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
you guys throw in the "its adjustable" like its free. Its adjustable (as in you can adjust it anytime you want and for changing conditions) for $350. your talking $850 vs $600. Nobody not looking to go stage 2 is going to do that and you can not go any more aggressive on stage 1 programming given the requested A/F ratio and hotter (by choice) EGT's of the standard tune. with stage one you can only have your revo dealer change it to slower for free (or pay $350 to do it anytime you want to)

To answer your question it depends. other than requested boost and specified A/F ratio its hard to quantify any other way. I'm pretty sure REVO speficies a more aggressive A/F ratio for stage 1. I wouldn't be suprised if REVO has a more aggressive boost request compared to APR's 06' tune but APR's 06' tune isn't as aggressive as its 07' and up tune. As I've seen and logged both requested and actual on my 07' APR stage 1 at 19.5psi I'm going to say its as aggressive as any stage 1 tune in that regards to boost (give or take a psi). Aggressive timing means nothing in regards to an aggressive tune without logging how much if any is being pulled during actual runs. its all for not if timing is just going to be pulled back during runs. I dont know who has the most aggressive timing curve anyway.

Now with stage 2 you have adjustability with the Revo select and APR has several different tunes with varying degree's of aggression (standard, beta/plus, V3) as well as the differences in model yr tunes so its still up in the air.

bcze1

You people make me laugh
you guys throw in the "its adjustable" like its free. Its adjustable (as in you can adjust it anytime you want and for changing conditions) for $350. your talking $850 vs $600. Nobody not looking to go stage 2 is going to do that and you can not go any more aggressive on stage 1 programming given the requested A/F ratio and hotter (by choice) EGT's of the standard tune. with stage one you can only have your revo dealer change it to slower for free (or pay $350 to do it anytime you want to)

Actually, with the SPS+ you get custom tuning abiltiy, but you also get the equivelent of a loaded APR ECU, as you get stock, 91, 93, security, etc. REVO and their SPS+ actually comes out cheaper than a loaded APR AND you get custom tuning.

And you're wrong, you can use the SPS to go more aggressive on stage 1, you do NOT need stage 2 to benefit from a SPS+.