GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Guitar Hero

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
I just saw the thread on Rock Band but thought I would post this before I saw that...

Anyway, I just picked up GHII with the Xplorer guitar and GHIII game. I have been playing the demo for III for about a month with the controller and I could get 95+% most of the time on medium, but couldn't even finish a song on hard. Now with the guitar, my God it's freaking impossible. I can finish songs on medium but only like 70%. I was looking at the achievements and there is some stuff on there like get a 1000 note streak and get a 500,000 point song (!!!!!!!! My best is like 256 with the controller and only about 150 with the guitar) am I just terrible or is this game beyond difficult?

On the plus side, "playing" One is fuckin awesome and the gf is now into the games too :thumbup: :headbang: :headbang:

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
It's definitely hard and takes time to master... I never played any other guitar hero's, i got GH3 for Wii and been playing it for about 1-2 months, i've logged a pretty large amount of time and still really like the game... I'm not yet done with hard difficulty... i'm on hte last section of songs, I've completed 37/42 songs.

I'm getting close to finishing hard, but it's really been tough, but I still like to go back to medium sometimes, and earlier hard songs just to enjoy it.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
I just beat it on easy, moved up to medium, realized I sucked, went back to easy...in that order.

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
I'm stuck on One on Hard. And Holiday in Cambodia on Expert, both with my Wiimote. No Guitar for me. Can't hit those buttons fast enough for the into and outros haha.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
I find it much harder with the guitar than the controller but with the controller you can't do star power which you need to get some of the point total and review star achievements. I have basically done every song in the career in both 2 and 3 now on easy and got 98 - 99% and five stars, but I haven't tried much medium because that fourth button makes it so much harder.

I just watched some guys doing expert on YouTube and all I can say is :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
that episode of south park cracked me up. you've scored 1,000,000 points! congratulations, you're a f*g!

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
seriously i tried it in a store and i can't even hit 1 right note

at least with a real guitar i can play april 26 by sublime (wrong)

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Well I am to the point now that I can get about 98% and five stars in the first 3/4 of the medium songs, but the later medium songs I can only get about 85% and the early hard songs own me :laugh: They seem to not be much harder than medium though, just another button and a lot of chords.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
So I am now at the end (number 8) of the setlist on hard, this is nuts... The Queens of the Stone Age song I must have tried 30 times before I beat it, but #8 seems like hard shit, the early expert songs are much easier