GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Test drove one today...

MkV_FSI

Euro-friendly STi driver
Car(s)
GTI
My dad was in the market for an Audi A6 and I wanted to test out an R32 so I went to the local VW/Audi dealership with him.

McKenna VW/Audi/Porshe/BMW of Norwalk has a multi-tier parking garage in which they store all of the new cars in. I was salivating as I passed by a row of RS4s, S4s, 911s, etc. On the top floor, I saw two Deep blue R32s remaining. THe sales guy retrieved one of them and then I took it for a spin around the block. First off, the seat height seemed a bit higher than the GTI, I tried to adjust it but it won't go any lower. It definitely felt slower than my tuned GTI but damn the VR6 was buttery smooth. I loved the noise it made (especially on the downshifts :biggrin:). And most of all, I fell in love with the beautiful blue paint. It made my reflex silver GTI look like a pile of blah :frown:. The only bad thing I can say about the car is that the tacky, foil-like door and dash trim was awful. Even though it's expensive, costly to mod and slower than my car in stock form... I still want one. The sticker price for the one I tested was nearing $45k...is that normal? (it sure as hell didn't seem so). I'm really considering a trade-in. BTW My dad is gonna pick up an Oyster Gray V6 A6 Quattro this Mon. I test drove that as well and I'll just say that it's a very nice car to be in.

Last edited:

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
$45k....:eyebulge:

no stock .:R is worth that....hell, niether is a modded one for that matter. Geeze.

Eilig

I coulda had a V8
McKenna are a bunch of crooks. Shop around and you can get one under $35K out the door.

ps... On a road course the R32 will smoke a GTI which can't get all that power to the ground

MkV_FSI

Euro-friendly STi driver
Car(s)
GTI
10k for the full break-in? Damn that must be torture. :frown:

But realistically I'll most likely keep driving my GTI for 3-4 more years. I already put a lot of money in it and my butt-dyno feels that it's already fast enough for daily driving. Hopefully by then I'll be able to find a nice condition Deep Blue.

Candy30

Ready to race!
you be glad you have that prices there, my edition 30 cost me 50000$ thats US dollars, R32 is 55000$ with a manual NOT a dsg, so dont tell me about prices, you have everything cheaper there

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
^ break in period but hes speaking of the engine actually letting loose like it should at 10,000miles

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion