GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good Dealership in Edmonton area

JasonC

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi folks,

I am new to Alberta, and even newer to the Edmonton area. I am going to be living in Nampa (just south of Peace River). I am looking for a good dealership to deal to purchase a gti.

What are the good dealerships to visit? Any good salesman/woman I should see?

Also, can anyone explain to me what this insurance category thing is? I have 8 years of driving experience with a clear drivers record, where would I classify in the brackets?

Thanks all,

JasonC

GTI lover all over again

Over fifty and lov'n it!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Jason,

I purchased my GTI from Norden Autohaus, saleman was Hans Gerdes, yes good german name, 780-484-3000

anyway, Edmonton doesn't sell too many GTI's, seems they can sell all they get, so you may not get much off the MSRP. Just try to get as much thrown in as you can!

Norden is at 17820 stony plain road, on the west end of Edmonton.

Good Luck!

PS, I have had good dealings with service so far as well.

I have had no issues with the GTI, into 10,000 kms

:headbang:

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Norden has been around as long as I can remember, I grew up in Edmonton. By my guesses that's at least 25 if not thirty years. You don't tend to be around that long if you aren't a good dealer.

Chances are you won't be able to do much on the selling price (try to have pdi and any admin fees waived) rather you should try to get as many accessories thrown in or discounted, as GTI lover all over again has suggested.

Toolman

UG Owners Club UG0011
bigdyno said:
Norden has been around as long as I can remember, I grew up in Edmonton. By my guesses that's at least 25 if not thirty years. You don't tend to be around that long if you aren't a good dealer.

Chances are you won't be able to do much on the selling price (try to have pdi and any admin fees waived) rather you should try to get as many accessories thrown in or discounted, as GTI lover all over again has suggested.
I have also heard good things about Norden. I almost went to Edmonton from Calgary just on others' recommendations. I decided to go close though for service reasons.

Sorry to butt in on the thread, but did your dealerships waive pdi and other admin fees like you said? How does one go about convincing them to do that? This wait is killing me!

bigdyno

Toolman said:
.Sorry to butt in on the thread, but did your dealerships waive pdi and other admin fees like you said? How does one go about convincing them to do that? This wait is killing me!

These are places that they have latitude to move, I happened to get a deal where they said "we'll wave this and this" or something to that effect. In the long run, the sale price,plus air conditioning tax (I think it was $100, should be the same anywhere in Canada) plus $695 freight (if I remember right) and GST and PST (I hate that about Ontario) is what you should pay. If they bury it in your purchase price, so be it, but this list is all they HAVE to charge you...

Good luck bargaining

JasonC

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info so far guys.

I am concidering leasing the GTI, but at the end buying it out right. I know it is not the smartest thing to do, but it is because of funding restraints.

I am still shopping around some, Norden did not have any when I contacted them via email, which is rough, but I can wait, I love the look of the 4 door.

The only issue I have is with the speedo not reading correctly. If the speedo is reading fast, then wouldn't that mean that the milage on your odometer would be reading/going by too fast also, giving your car more miles then it has actually travelled.....and ripping you off in the lease milage? Just something I am worrying about.

bigdyno

Personally, I don't think that my car reads high as many people on this board have suggested with their cars. The fact that the car rides as smooth as it does and has lots of power might explain how this could be percieved.

Let me give you an example: I ride motorcycles and it is SO easy to get on a modern bike and double the speed limit without feeling like you are pushing any kind of envelope. 150kph seems like a nice sedate speed, simply because the bike is capable of operating at these speeds quite comfortably.

I would say don't worry about it