GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ready for Winter

He's the first pic of my new R32. I didn't get any pictures when she was new and clean. AWD is looking like a useful feature right now. Also I'm glad I invested in the Dunlop Wintersports, it makes for a fun daily driver!

Attachments

• CIMG7375.JPG
    CIMG7375.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 365

aliti19

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 GTI w/ PP
my fwd GTI rocks in the snow with snow tires... now the AWD + snow tires?? oh boy!!! nobody's gonna be able to touch you!

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Tell me about it.:frown:

My friend in Huntley IL has a DBP MkIV R with winter tires and even in 6+ inches of snow we were screwing around in and his car being lower than mine because of the OEM R body kit, he still is unstoppable.

OP, are they the Wintersport 3D's? What size?

My friend has those on his BMP GTI in Woodstock and they're amazingly quiet compared to my Goodyears. Then again, my Goodyears were free and all I had to pay for was the steelies and the mounting/balancing of them. But if there's no newer version of the Dunlops when it comes time to buy new winter tires, 3D's it is.

OP, are they the Wintersport 3D's? What size?

They are Dunlog Wintersport 3D's. I fitted them to the stock wheels, so I went with the stock tire size, 225/40/18. Paid $163 ea from Tire Rack which seemed like an okay deal.

They are quiet on dry roads and just amazing on snow. I highly recommend them. In the past I've used Bridgestone Blizzaks which are good, but Dunlop is making some great tires these days.