GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mkv R32 vs GTI

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have the link to the vid of this match where the GTI takes the R32 due to launch control and all around swiftness??? I would love to rub it in a certain someone's face. =)

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
i'm pretty sure it's on youtube and the GTI was not stock

Taz

Ready to race!
I think it is pretty common knowledge that in a straight line a chipped Stg one GTI will take the R. Even Automobile mag I believe had a write up on it. To 60mph the GTI beat it but at higher speeds it just killed the R. I forget what speed they mentioned but to something like 130 or so the GTI killed the R by 7 seconds! That is a huge difference.

To 60 mph the GTI was limited by traction or it would have stomped it pretty badly. The R was better out of tight turns but a decent roll, the chipped GTI is going to pull pretty hard. GTI really needs a LSD or AWD.

agreed, i just know a guy who's like "yeah, i'll show you at the track." new to the dub scene and i'm sure mommy and daddy just bought him his new R32, and he thinks he's the cock with the walk. So early next month I'll show him a thing or two about a thing or two.

I'm Stg 2 APR, EVOMS intake, forge DV, and ATP DP.

Taz

Ready to race!
AutoX course and the R will tear up a GTI. On the street I've found them to be easy pickings once rolling. I just avoid roads with really low speed turns and understand the GTI likes smooth throttle control.

I imagine some day I'll get pulled by a modded R. If so, I'll just go home and get the Subie or the MB and return the favor. :biggrin:

I have no misconceived notions about what the GTI is. It is one heckuva fun daily driver; a race car it isn't! Lots HP in a FWD car doesn't make for a great platform to race. Yes, you can make them fast but I'll take the RWD or AWD car over it. Commuting to work though it is a great option and I can haul a ton of stuff in it when needed.

TuRk

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV R32
agreed, i just know a guy who's like "yeah, i'll show you at the track." new to the dub scene and i'm sure mommy and daddy just bought him his new R32, and he thinks he's the cock with the walk. So early next month I'll show him a thing or two about a thing or two.

I'm Stg 2 APR, EVOMS intake, forge DV, and ATP DP.

HAHAHA this is amazing. I would first like to apologize to the mods of this site that this has spilled over to these forums. Let me clear this up for some of you. My name is Rob and I am in fact a noob to the dub scene. Now to 0the racing scene? No, is the answer. I do in fact have an 08 R32 and I am 21 years old. Im sure at first that is a shocker or like this idiot has stated "my mommy and daddy have bought me my car". I am a FF/Paramedic and make an annual salary of 56k. So there goes that theory. I take great offense to that comment because I work my ass off for my car. Now on to him showing me a thing or two. This is coming from someone with "stage2"... I laugh at that because he got pulled by a girl with stage 1... We shall see come jan. at moroso.

I am officially calling you out. I will beat you at the track. I will not only beat you, I will destroy you. You are so quick to talk shit about me on another forum about how your gonna "beat me". You dont even know what is done to my car.

Now that the facts are out there, Ill let you guys be the judge.

-RoB-

SlyOne

SlyOne
Car(s)
VW GOLF R32 2008
moved to the proper section, and watching this worthless thread as it promises nothing but heat....

Anyone got a bucket of water....They are both good cars.

BTW my shopping trolley from coles will beat you all... does anyone have a dollar so I can borrow it from Coles. :D

Stock GTi and Stock R32 can both win it all comes down to the driver.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
HAHAHA this is amazing. I would first like to apologize to the mods of this site that this has spilled over to these forums. Let me clear this up for some of you. My name is Rob and I am in fact a noob to the dub scene. Now to 0the racing scene? No, is the answer. I do in fact have an 08 R32 and I am 21 years old. Im sure at first that is a shocker or like this idiot has stated "my mommy and daddy have bought me my car". I am a FF/Paramedic and make an annual salary of 56k. So there goes that theory. I take great offense to that comment because I work my ass off for my car. Now on to him showing me a thing or two. This is coming from someone with "stage2"... I laugh at that because he got pulled by a girl with stage 1... We shall see come jan. at moroso.

I am officially calling you out. I will beat you at the track. I will not only beat you, I will destroy you. You are so quick to talk shit about me on another forum about how your gonna "beat me". You dont even know what is done to my car.

Now that the facts are out there, Ill let you guys be the judge.

-RoB-

unless you youve dropped thousands in your 08(unlikely) like a turbo or something along those lines, he will pick you off pretty quickly. go dyno your car first then come back and talk shit. if youre on a auto x track then youll probably smoke him but at the strip youll prbably get raped.

and stage 2 getting pulled on by stage 1, i doubt it unless he mis shifted or let her win..

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
LOL for shizzle, i got the milk duds. shit son, ill trade you some duds for some pop corn. how bout it? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.