GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alright, all you 360 gamers...

CrazyUncleDave

Ready to race!
...a while ago I tried in vain to drum up some interest in a GTI/R32 Forza race season. Mostly it was in vain 'cause I was too busy to really follow through and set a date for it :frown:

However! I moderate at a game site, and we do some fairly regular community gaming. The main point of all this being that we play with some decent people, as opposed to a bunch of trash-talking 8 year-olds using the internet as a shield for being really inappropriate.

Sound good? Stop by The XLC and sign up. We kinda do what folks here do...except we talk about games, and stuff, rather than our VWs... this is NOT a sales pitch, just figured I'd let you fellow gamers know.

My personal interest is in getting more Forza fans over there, as we used to do a really cool racing season, and I'd like to get that started up again. What better place to recruit than a car forum??

Last edited:

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
...a while ago I tried in vain to drum up some interest in a GTI/R32 Forza race season. Mostly it was in vain 'cause I was too busy to really follow through and set a date for it :frown:

However! I moderate at a game site, and we do some fairly regular community gaming. The main point of all this being that we play with some decent people, as opposed to a bunch of trash-talking 8 year-olds using the internet as a shield for being really inappropriate.

Sound good? Stop by The XLC and sign up. We kinda do what folks here do...except we talk about games, and stuff, rather than our VWs... this is NOT a sales pitch, just figured I'd let you fellow gamers know.

My personal interest is in getting more Forza fans over there, as we used to do a really cool racing season, and I'd like to get that started up again. What better place to recruit than a car forum??

a mkv race team would be sick dave. i'll be joining the forum.

Here's the thing. I like racing games and bought a playseat and xbox feedback wheel, but I don't know shit about fine tuning all those damn settings! I can't get into the game that much because I feel I'm just not going to be set up correctly. Is there a "fixed setup" race for folks like me?

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
Here's the thing. I like racing games and bought a playseat and xbox feedback wheel, but I don't know shit about fine tuning all those damn settings! I can't get into the game that much because I feel I'm just not going to be set up correctly. Is there a "fixed setup" race for folks like me?

what i did was mess around with all the settings till it felt alright. you can press the y button for each tuneable feature to find out more about it. the worst that could happen is you tune it badly and have to reset it back to stock settings.

K, I just finished upgrading my GTI with everything possible. Thing is a beast! I'll play. I'll get my ass kicked but I'll play :) Would be cool as hell to drive with other MKV's. I'll join the site later today.

CrazyUncleDave

Ready to race!
I can't get into the game that much because I feel I'm just not going to be set up correctly. Is there a "fixed setup" race for folks like me?

Don't sweat this! Once a race season gets going, you will find that the racers involved are really helpful...we don't mind sharing tune-up settings, for example. 'Cause really, at the end of the day, it's all about whether or not you can drive.

My experience with tuning has been that the most radical handling differences come from down-force settings, and gear ratios. If we do an endurance race, then camber and tire pressure can come into play as well.

I'm also a fan of doing the occasional "stock car" race. So it don't get more "fixed setup" than that!

Kewl. I'm actually looking forward to it!

Site seems a bit cluttered, how about you just post here when and where the races are? :D

Blocko

Rabblerouser
I'll join when I have a stable connection to my 360.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
that is sex. how much did that set you back? i already have the wheel and pedals, but i want a decent seat and a stand for the wheel. sitting on a chair and resting the wheel on your lap kinda sucks.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
CrazyUncleDave- my friends and I were playing Halo 3 last night and the notification came up that "CrazyUncleDave has signed on" and my friends got a kick out of your gamertag.

CrazyUncleDave

Ready to race!
Sunday night, 5PM PST.

How does Sunday work for folks?

I figure I'll try and make this first race as simple as possible. This Sunday, 5pm Pacific Time. If you can make it, great.

Let's make this first one all GTIs. You can modify your car in any way you see fit. No P.I. restriction...mod that bad boy out as much as you want! I'll set up a room around 4:45. I'll just run tracks that came with the game originally...there's a couple of new DLC tracks that everyone may not have yet (Motegi, and Road America), so I'll skip those.

Sound good?