GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This may have been asked before...

sparkstack

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 .:R32
I'm about the pull the trigger on a new .:R32 and I am wondering what you get, apart from the inscribed number on the steering wheel, that indicates this is a limited edition? Is the Vin number different in some way, or do you get a certificate or something?

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
this is actually comical. He's "about" to pull the thrigger....already has a MkV GTI....and doesn't know what he gets. GTFO.

sparkstack

Ready to race!
Car(s)
That's like saying a GTI is a GTI and not a rabbit because it has a 2.0T rather than a 2.5 and a few badges stuck on...

I'm not trying to be funny about it, it was a serious question...

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
an .:R is an .:R because it has ..... AWD....VR6.....thats essentially it.

its as much a Golf as the GTI is. They take a Golf. add a 2.3L V6, DSG transmission, whole new suspesion, give it AWD and a couple badges. BAM.....its now an .:R32

just like the GTI. Golf + 2.0T + upgraded suspension + 6speed/DSG....a few badges.....wow, its a GTI now.

oh yeah, your key fob is different too. thats kinda like a certificate. ask the dealer for a gold star.

sparkstack

Ready to race!
Car(s)
this is actually comical. He's "about" to pull the thrigger....already has a MkV GTI....and doesn't know what he gets. GTFO.

You're a funny guy. It's a pity that what you have said so far has no correlation to what it is I am asking. :clap:

I Know its got AWD and a 250hp Vr6 and blah and blah and blah. They are, after all, the reasons I'm buying one. I was inquiring about the x of 5000 factor. If all you get is the inscription on the wheel then fair enough. Trying to be the big man by belittling me just makes you look like a jackass, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Oh, and fyi, the key fob is the same. Nice try, thanks for playing.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
honestly man. I read your OP different the first time. I think I actually read the 2nd post first....which threw me off. I was bit retarded. my bad.

I have no clue if you get a certificate. I don't think there would be anything special about the VIN except that as with any car, it would identify your specific car......It is a good question though, now that I read it correctly.

what is there to prove it is in fact the # on the seering wheel? anybody?

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
i had a buddy that had a 20th Annev. Ed. and i think there was also something inscribed on his owner's manual, but i am not sure. that would be cool if there was something inscribed somewhere in the engine compartment.

GaBoYnFla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R32
No certificate here. Like they said, the vin would indicate a US R32. I did get a nice sized payment book with mine though.

You get almost exclusivity too. I have yet to see another one other than at the dealer. I had my 06 GLI two months and on a lonely, rural south Georgia cross roads, there one was-exactly like mine....wow. Haven't sighted another R on the road yet..... and they got 4 R's so far at my dealer-one identical to mine but with Nav..... I know one went to Orlando. Haven't seen the others.

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
Apart from the fact that VWoA only brings over 5000 and you have a numbered car, what more would you need to indicate that it's a limited edition?

Not trying to be a dick; I'm seriously asking.