GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PDI - What to look out for??

miketoti

Autocross Newbie
For those of you who have paid the thousands of dollars for DD charges, what is there to look out for?? Does anyone have a copy of their PDI sheet? Just wanna make these stealers accountable!!:evil:

gti oz

MotoGP tragic
Yeah good luck!

Whatever the DD cost are, I'm sure the dealer will say that's the way it is.

Whether your money goes towards preparing your car for delivery or buying donuts for morning tea, the dealer has got you over a barrel. If you can negotiate this rip off, expensive car wash, you will be lucky.

When I was pricing GTI's between dealers, I found a big difference in DD costs, like over $1k.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Some of the key points to check are:

• Dents/body damage (duh)
  • Paint defects
  • The transport spacers in the suspension have been removed (this has been forgotten before)
  • Any overspray from detailing products
  • That all the interior features and functions are explained
  • That they set up the comfort options (auto lights on/off timer, lane change indicator) as you want them (if you don't have satnav)
  • That the bottle opener is present
That's about all I can think of for now...

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
and also check that the plastic air damms are all there under the car ours was missing the passenger side and still waiting for it too come in got the car last october.

our PDI had on it that the car had headlight and bonnet protectors which it didnt when we asked were they were they just laughed.

SSS_Hoon

miketoti

Autocross Newbie
Cheers guys.
Turtle the DSG option doesn't even cost that much! One dealer I went to before I ordered quoted $3900. Absolutely laughable, so I walked out without even negotiating. Eventually found one that would do it for 2100 but imo this is still ridiculous considering the 5 plus month wait! Ford's XR5s DD was about 1400. VW dealers are ripps!:bs:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
My DD was $1700 @ McCarrolls in Sydney. Almost 1 grand cheaper than Lennock here in Canberra.

SSS_Hoon, what do the plastic air dams look like?? got pics of what they don't look like?

Turtle

Drag Racing Champion
I think Mikeoti has hit it on the head. When there is a massive delay like there is on the GTI's VW should be taking repsonsiblity at the top and passing down some saving to the dealer so that the DD fee can be reduced or waived to offset the massive wait. Unfortunately it is classic supply demand and really when you've got a great product in demand you can make the rules.

I guess it's how it handles the situation that determines the long term loyalty to the brand versus short term because of one gem.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
i didnt care about the DD never have only care about the change over price and we got a bargain so was happy with that i didnt even look at the DD but now it was nowhere near what it was meant to be as it was a cancelled order and a non refundable deposit was already made....

as for the air dams well if you get on the ground beside your car either side it dont matter, and get on the ground and look under your car you will see black plastic going from the front to the rear all under the car that is the air dams.i think they are actually something to do with stopping road noise i think. only 150 to replace but no stock. we wernet sure if it was there when we got the car never looked wasnt till 5 months later that we noticed it and also noticed as if it was hit by something as there were scrape marks underneath the car nothing major and one of the screws that hold it on was broken, now if we did that we would surley hear it or see it we didint.

they said they will replace it for us for free but th thing is when it gets here.

we havnt noticed any difference in road noise so we assume it wasnt there to begin with, the tex said that it was most likly done on the truck or at the docks as they dont care if they break something they just rip it off and it looks like it was ripped off.

its not small it is half the width of the car and goes from just after the engine to just before the rear wheels.

SSS_Hoon

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
yeah the gti come with a vw bottle opener which also doubles as the drink holder also.

SSS_Hoon