GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Raced an ION REDLINE

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
The guy kept messing with me in traffic and followed me to a nice empty road where. At 30mph he three honked it and went on 2 :thumbdown: I was brake boosting and immediately caught him then proceeded to put 5-6 more lengths on him. I looked in the rear view mirror and he turned off abruptly.. I wonder why :iono: :biggrin:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
hahahahaha

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
Don't ya just love completely spankin someone?

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
2PointSlowFSI said:
Brake boosting huh....do you really think that makes a difference ? i thought it only worked on cars with big turbo's

It gets you in boost rather than starting from vac. It works with any size turbo lol..

Rukbars1

I F' with the cougars
Ive tried that today and against my brother it does make a small difference I felt the power right away instead of 2000 rpms every spool counts :)

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
trevor said:
When you brake boost, you hold the brake and the accelerator at the same time, this brings the revs up and spools the turbo while going the same speed. It's VERY useful in a roll race :thumbsup:

bang^

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
trevor said:
Originally Posted by trevor
When you brake boost, you hold the brake and the accelerator at the same time, this brings the revs up and spools the turbo while going the same speed. It's VERY useful in a roll race
uummm.... y hit the brake??? i just hit the clutch and rev it.... then dump the clutch....

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
RJS5689 said:
uummm.... y hit the brake??? i just hit the clutch and rev it.... then dump the clutch....

lol...because dumping the clutch doesnt build boost