GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinion from you Aud/Vis freaks....

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Our 12 year old Sony 27" tv died this week. I have a 32" Toshiba downstairs that's ok. I need to replace the Sony and I'm looking at 3 different TV's.

These http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/comp...id=-12867&nstr=20012866 20012867 526&link=ref

From my personal experience as well as Navy experience, Sony absolutely rocks. The difference is the HD part and the Sony is the biggest. Opinions or experience appreciated. I plan to take my JBL surround stuff from downstairs and install it upstairs in our bonus room and start using it. I don't know why I thought I'd ever turn it on with all of our bedrooms on the first floor.
Oh yea, it kind of needs to come from CC as I have a $100 giftcard and the 18 months 0 financing.

JoeyGTI

Touring Car Champion
Go with the new generation Panasonic HD plasma's. Simply the best picture out there with 1:10,000 contrast ratio. AWESOME picture !!

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I justify spending more than about $800. Kind of limits my choices which doesn't bother me much either. I constantly have looked at the Panasonic flat one that's around $1500.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Personally, I think samsung, sony and mitsubishi are good brands for DLP rear projection TVs. Circuit city has one of the best deals I've seen. I think they were selling a 50" DLP 720p for $1600 or so. Try to get the 1080p models. They are a bit more expensive but they show a clearer picture. Also if you get those tvs keep in mind that you probably have to change the bulb ever 2 or 3 years.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I bought the Samsung for $759 and the 3 year warranty for $109. It seems pretty nice. The only I've noticed is when it's in high resolution, if the camera movement is quick, it takes a nano second to catch up. That doesn't thrill me. The salesman seemed pretty cool. He told me there wasn't anything better unless I was willing to spend another 300.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
JoeyGTI said:
Go with the new generation Panasonic HD plasma's. Simply the best picture out there with 1:10,000 contrast ratio. AWESOME picture !!

i got 2 of these in my house - JUST SUPERB!!!!!

Also got a 62 inch DLP mitso which is really good too.

bilbos

On the Kop
Whilst on the subject (sorry for the thread hijack Wantagti), can anyone recommend a decent plasma TV. My budget is $2500 and I don't really want to go over 42". Thoughts gladly received.

I will also be in the market for an LCD TV shortly after, maybe 27" max. with a budget of $1000. Again, any recommendations?

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I'd go LCD before I went Plasma. I'm not trying to hate on plasma so lets not start that. I'm just giving my opinion. Look at an electronic consumer reports mag or something and you can decide for yourself after understanding the two a little more. In another 5 years I may not feel that way. But for now....I do. You can also get a large LCD projection TV that gives a nice pic for an even better price. Check some of those out. Because for around $2500 I think you could get a 50+ inch screen if you went with the LCD projection screen (which gives an awesome pic). Just my two pennies though.

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
Plasma's have picked up their act since they first came out. Burn-in isn't a huge problem and the black levels have improved. LCD's have great decent black levels, colors that are a hair under plasma's and a cheap these days.

CRTs though... if it wasn't for the size of the tubes being so big, they'd be the clear winner.

JoeyGTI

Touring Car Champion
If ur getting Plasma just make sure u pay attention to the contrast ratio 1:10,000 is amazing with the new Panasonic Plasmas out now, not many have that high of a ratio !!

bilbos

On the Kop
I went to Circuit City on Saturday and had a good look at all of the options.

The one that caught my eye was the Sony Bravia 40" LCD. The picture looked amazing and with a price tag of $2249, it fits my budget. Just need to find a cheaper place to buy it from now :biggrin: