GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

xenon headlights

Lahan

The lights on my 56 r32 are really bright and high and people think i have my full beam on. Should they be like this?

DCGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 MkV GTi
The xenons have self leveling sensors fitted to them (rear of the car) in the factory, so, unless the self leveling function is not working, they will be at the right height, based on the weight in the vehicle

Just double check this function is working next time you start the car, before you start it, turn the lights on (that way you can see it inside the vehicle), then start it, they should go down and then up, at that point there at the pre-set height

Yeah, they seem really bright, and I know I cop alot of people flashing lights at me too, then can be adjusted down by the dealer, but they will be lower than intended........but, I'm currently looking at this to stop the issues from other drivers, as I usually get flashed at least twice (sometimes alot more) when driving at night......it's the only thing for me that shine off the fantastic GTI experience, but in saying that, I'd still get the xenon's every time!

DC

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Heh, yes, that's a pretty common ailment - the lights are just too bright! Might be worth getting the alignment checked. A lot of UK cars come with a Euro setting (beams point right, instead of left) which can dazzle oncoming drivers. I found I had this issue.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
xenons are about you being able to see, fuck the other drivers, if they thought night vision was important they'd have xenons too

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Very few aussie Xenons came properly aimed.
Most were far too high - to the point that mine (in particular) were aimed like high beams.

Do yourself a favour - reaim them lower.
There's 2 white allen key sockets you can use to aim the lights.
There's some DIYs on the forum which are easy to follow.

If you want to know what everyone else is seeing, get a chair to match your drivers seat height and get 10-20m out in front of your car.
Most of the time - you WILL be surprised!!!

Adv4nc3r_Mk5

VW obsessed
Car(s)
VW Golf mkv
sorry for threadjacking but i dont want to make another thread for this. I would like to have xenons, but i dont know what exactly i need. Can dealer do something with that or i need aftermarket solution for this?

cmdrfire

Aftermarket solution, Hella sell the OEM-style as well as their "Dynabeam" style xenons, I'd get the Dynabeams as they turn with your wheels... but extensive work must be done, you need the light units, ballast, levelers and I guess steering thingy too.

daveleeuk

I have a GTI on Forza
Car(s)
Golf
sorry for threadjacking but i dont want to make another thread for this. I would like to have xenons, but i dont know what exactly i need. Can dealer do something with that or i need aftermarket solution for this?

Xenons will cost you a fortune, especially from a dealer. I don't know exactly what you need, but I know doing it with your dealership will cost you alot, as does anything. :frown:

cmdrfire

Dunno. I do know that if you plan to pass a UK MOT your xenons will possiblyu require a functioning washer and definitely require level adjustment using ballast of some kind, and I don't know what that kit has. Are they just a bunch of bulbs and some high voltage kits?

Adv4nc3r_Mk5

VW obsessed
Car(s)
VW Golf mkv
all i want is get rid of that yellowish light beam i have now. So it doesnt have to be xenons, anything that changes color of beam will do. i want slightly blue color of beam, to fit my silver golf. any suggestions?

cmdrfire

You can get some reuglar halogen bulbs with a slightly blue tint from halfords, if that's all you're after. Xenons will dramatically increase night visibility though.

Adv4nc3r_Mk5

VW obsessed
Car(s)
VW Golf mkv
You can get some reuglar halogen bulbs with a slightly blue tint from halfords, if that's all you're after. Xenons will dramatically increase night visibility though.

i have looked on their website but all that is displayed is just for offroad/showroom only. and im too lazy to go there by myself :biggrin:
thnx anyway