GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 Tail Lights

JohnHS

Passed Driver's Ed
The VW Bulletin on the R32 lists a part number for the darkened tail lights:
1K0-52-200-N
Has anyone gotten these and installed them? Is it just a direct swap or do you have to make some changes to the lights?

bsosa69

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 GTI
They are US Spec (no amber turn signals or red rear fog) and yes they are direct plug and play no vagcom required

Golf-V-GT

Burn the lies
I also want to have 2 US-R32 taillights.
but i live here in germany and dont know how to get those :(
need only the 2 outside with the LED.

maybe somebody can buy it here in US for me and send it to me ?!?!
of course with a bit gratuity :)

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Get the euro version, the amber turn signal is the best part.

X2.

To the original poster, if you get the Euro spec R32 tailights, they are plug and play for the US spec turnsignals, brake lights, etc. However, if you want the amber turn signal and rear foglight, you will need to do some wiring and Vag Com coding. Check out these links:

Amber turn signals: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2538830

Rear foglight: http://homepage.mac.com/cvervais/gli/gli_rear_fog.pdf

The rear foglight is a pdf so it'll take a while to load depending on your connection speed.

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
X2.

To the original poster, if you get the Euro spec R32 tailights, they are plug and play for the US spec turnsignals, brake lights, etc. However, if you want the amber turn signal and rear foglight, you will need to do some wiring and Vag Com coding. Check out these links:

Amber turn signals: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2538830

Rear foglight: http://homepage.mac.com/cvervais/gli/gli_rear_fog.pdf

The rear foglight is a pdf so it'll take a while to load depending on your connection speed.

The two LED lights make a big difference; it makes the car look wider at night. It's also safer because they light up in two stages: normal and braking.

Try to see both side-by-side before making a decision. I've parked by a GTI with Euro-spec tails and everyone agreed the US-spec version looks better.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah, I shouldn't assume until I've seen both in person. It's just too bad that the US spec tailights can't have the amber turn signals and rear foglight or that the Eurospec tailights can't have that LED feature.

bsosa69

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 GTI
The two LED lights make a big difference; it makes the car look wider at night. It's also safer because they light up in two stages: normal and braking.

Try to see both side-by-side before making a decision. I've parked by a GTI with Euro-spec tails and everyone agreed the US-spec version looks better.

The US Spec LEDs also blink with your turn signal :thumbsup:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
^ I wouldn't think so, I'm pretty sure they're part of the assembly themselves, plus you would need the Euro spec bulb carriers as there is a separate white bulb for the amber turn signals. I don't have any pictures I could show you.

badassbaldie

Ready to race!
Here's something strange for the mix...

I have a set of Euro spec tails and one (driver's side) has the LED on it. The passenger's side doesn't. How do I know that it is Euro spec? Well, the inner signal light is amber and it has a euro bulb holder. The other strange thing is that the passenger's side (outer) does not have the amber lens (it's clear). It does have the Euro bulb holder though...

I realize the bulb holders can be changed and the lenses can be painted (which I'll do for the pass. side clear lens) but it doesn't appear to be the case...

BTW, does anyone know what vag-com settings need to be changed in order for the signals to work properly? I found the thread that gives the long coding #s but I'd rather know which bytes/bits to change. TIA