GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New PC up and running! (geek content)

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
I just wanted to post because I'm so glad I finally got it running. I decided to put one together myself this time. Building a machine deffinately saves you alot of money, but it comes with alot of headache, and I'm just so glad its running smoothly (finally).

Geeky tech stuff:

ASUS nForce 590 SLI motherboard
AMD Athlon 64x2 Windsor 3.0ghz (overclocked to 3.15ghz)
4.0Gb Crucial Balistix DDR2 800 RAM
XFX nVidia 8800GTX 768mb
Rosewill 950w PSU

This thing f'ing screams

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
GTX? daang. I've opted for a 8800GT...

Parts should be here by the end of christmas so I can start building :thumbup:

I was kinda worried when I pulled it outa the box. Its huge!. From where it plugs into the PCI 16x slot, it has about 1/4inch clearance between the edge of the card and my hard drive. And to think, I almost bought the 8800 Ultra.... I kinda wish I had, but I'm going SLI with these bad boys sometime soon, so it doesnt really matter.

vernsan

Ready to race!
has to be a little more than 1800 -2200 right? I don't know if you bought a pc case as well and some hd's and optical drives.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
why did you get slow ass amd?

GTINick

Barack Osama for Prez!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I've been running (for the last two years or so) an AMD Athlon FX55 2.6ghz, 2gig s of ram, CM Stacker 831 SE computer case, two 7800GTs for SLI mode, Soundblaster X Fidelity Platinum, with a 750watt power supply. Not a game out there yet that challenges it so I've seen no reason to change:iono: Then again its not like I play many games any more, just World of Warcraft and Day of Defeat Source when I'm not busy working.

As far as Intel goes.....:barf: I'll stick with my AMD thanks :thumbup:

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
WoW is my primary game, but thats mostly because the computer I had wasn't realy capable of running some of the new titles out there. I don't see myself having an issues running newer games for a while, and when it does become a problem, I'll just grab myself another 8800GTX and call it a day.

GTINick

Barack Osama for Prez!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
LOL. My E6600 has been clocked to 3.4ghz for 6 months straight, on air. Barf on that. :laugh:

:iono: I still barf on Intel, theres some stuff I don't like in life. Intel processors are one of em