GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No Sat Radio=Pissed off

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
What the hell is the problem with the "No Sat Radio" message I get every 2-3 days? I have Sirius, and I live in the middle of the midwest, so there are no mountains or anything to block my signal.

Anyone have this issue so frequently? Any dealer fix?

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
Having my XM module replaced for the second time since March next Wed. It is an ongoing problem and VW thinks it is software, but no 'sure fire' fix for it yet.

plac

GTI Master
No, theres no fix. And you risk more scratches every time they replace parts for no reason.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Had same thing in my Denali. Switched things out and same, same. Nothings perfect and never 100% relaible. Let my term expire and they called twice to get me to come back... explained my challenges and they offered 1/2 price.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
It's just chapping my ass. In my last car I had one of the little XM roadies or whatever it's called. The little $100 box that had the cassette adapter and antenna. Anyway, I never had any problems with the XM, and the thing was never hardwired like the Sirius unit is.

It seems like it's happening way too much. Anyone think it could be some kind of electrical connection? Just the signal not making it to the headunit?

Edit: PS. Thanks for the ideas/help guys..looks like something I might have to get used to dealing with.

rubenc

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Same problem with my 1 mo. old GTI w Sirius module. Dealer is looking at it today. In for a far more serious problem, the brake switch went out and it won't shift out of park!

sonomamkvdsg

7 time F1 Champ
Car(s)
2006 MKV DSG TR
I too have "no sat radio" very often. I cuss and it doesn't come on. I figured i will wait a month more then see it the dealer has any Ideas. This has been an on going problem with VW/Audi since they began installing sat radio. My friend that is the manager at the Dub store I bought my fast at told me about a lady who bought an Audi A3 from him and had here radio replaced 6 times before she said f*ck it. too bad I like Sirius soo much. I will continue to put up with it but do the "I am not to happy with it" when they call so I can gert a discount.

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
plac said:
No, theres no fix. And you risk more scratches every time they replace parts for no reason.

Shouldn't be any scratches! The module is actually under the passenger's seat. Little silver box with 4 plugs and 3 screws holding it in place.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
sorry to bring up a dead thread, BUT

has there been a fix on this by VW?

and if i change my unit say to an Alpine IVA-W200Ri w/ a siri sat module, this problem should come to an end, correct?

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
dont think its been fixed yet, most likly its the modual and not the antenna given signal is always good if you check that....i found it only happends when u turn the car on so i just turn it off and back on and it is fixed for me at least....

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
tried turning it on and off today, nothing. it just kinda decides to work when i'm at the end of my commute. wack.

you have an interesting sig. what is the MEISTER GTI door stripe?

and do you have any pics of your CF dash kit?

plac

GTI Master
hare

turn off your key as soon as you see it missing. turn off your radio if its still on. wait until your MFD goes OUT. (Like 30-45 long seconds). Then turn back on, SAT is always back. If you can spare 30 seconds, I've never had it not work.

the problem is the voltage/communication between the head unit and sirius tuner, so if you replace both those with Alpine the problem is gone.