GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you think this will work?

kaess

Go Kart Newbie
A dealer has had the GTI that I want with all of the specs (package 2 and 18's) since MARCH. With the end of the 2006 production run, I assume that they will want someone to "take the car off of their hands." So do you think it is realistic of me to offer to pay full sticker price for the car if they include the installation of the OEM body kit?

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
kaess said:
A dealer has had the GTI that I want with all of the specs (package 2 and 18's) since MARCH. With the end of the 2006 production run, I assume that they will want someone to "take the car off of their hands." So do you think it is realistic of me to offer to pay full sticker price for the car if they include the installation of the OEM body kit?

Offer away my friend, but be prepared for a big fat NO. The end of the 06 run and the beginning of the 07 run means crap to most dealers because when putting those 2 cars together on the floor they are the same. You only get big discounts when you buy an older body style. Are you planning on paying for the body kit or do you want it included, and installed. The installation is crap, it's like 300 - 500 bucks, the kit itself is around 1300 .

:headbang:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
Offer away my friend, but be prepared for a big fat NO. The end of the 06 run and the beginning of the 07 run means crap to most dealers because when putting those 2 cars together on the floor they are the same. You only get big discounts when you buy an older body style. Are you planning on paying for the body kit or do you want it included, and installed. The installation is crap, it's like 300 - 500 bucks, the kit itself is around 1300 .

sorry, that's not right... dealers want to get rid of old stock even if its the same body style... Ask yourself the question, you have the choice of 2 identical cars but one is newer and will hold its value/resale better...

OP ask away, not sure how much the kit costs... You should be able to get under invoice on a stock car when they have the new model years on the lot too.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Vivid said:
sorry, that's not right... dealers want to get rid of old stock even if its the same body style... Ask yourself the question, you have the choice of 2 identical cars but one is newer and will hold its value/resale better...

OP ask away, not sure how much the kit costs... You should be able to get under invoice on a stock car when they have the new model years on the lot too.

he'll save dick. A highly sought after color and package combo in an 06 will still be worth more than a widely available 07 model.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
he'll save dick. A highly sought after color and package combo in an 06 will still be worth more than a widely available 07 model.

Sorry but the OP has not specified what color the GTI he's looking at is... Also in the US there are no changes from MY06 to MY07 not even colors... So your point is irrelevant unless the OP provides more info... and I don;t think there is such a thing as a rare GTI that commands a premium... I could have had any car any way if I had wanted to waited a day or two, I would have had to pay delivery $100-$200...

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Vivid said:
Sorry but the OP has not specified what color the GTI he's looking at is... Also in the US there are no changes from MY06 to MY07 not even colors... So your point is irrelevant unless the OP provides more info... and I don;t think there is such a thing as a rare GTI that commands a premium... I could have had any car any way if I had wanted to waited a day or two, I would have had to pay delivery $100-$200...

07's in DSG will have Launch Control. I don't want to argue with you about this, but you COULDn't have had "any" color/package combo you wanted. I would have had to wait 3 months if I wanted Ugray with a SAT/NAV w/ Sirius, and a Ugray with a DSG and Sirius Package 1 was 3 months too. I could have had any Black Magic anyway I wanted it within a week for a cheaper price there was 20 of them available between GA and FL compared to 4 Ugray's during the week of March 3rd. You probablly shopped for Bmagic only so your options were wide open. However this is stupid, fuck the dealerships and let this OP do whatever it takes to get a good deal on a great car... GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
hensley01 said:
that crazy, Denver had any option i wanted, from package 2, to any color, with in like 3 days

it was the same for me...

918hare

Go Kart Champion
kaess said:

Yeah I think you have a good shot at that. I paid around 24,500 in January for my BMP package 2 DSG. So I actualoly think the dealer would go for that, what they would spend on the kit and install, they would still be better off if you paid sticker as opposed to working a better deal