GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rain sensor function

j997tt

Hi:

Just bought an 08 R32 and must say it is nice piece of engineering. The manuals that came with the car leave something to be desired in terms of clarity and completeness.

I cannot find anything about the rain sensor and how to activate it. Can anyone help?

I have a couple of other newbie questions:

1) Does the R32 have launch control?
2) Why does my R32 not have a compass in the MFD? I drove several 08 GTi's when shopping and they all had it.

BTW - I am a 6 speed manual sort of person and I thought I would hate DSG but actually appreciate the box.

TIA.

Jeff
08 R32, CW

Garwee

.:R
Car(s)
2008 VW R32
on the right steering column lever.... it is one click up

yes it has launch control
my R has a compass but i do have the navi

j997tt

Thanks -my MFD menu does not even show a compass option. Guess I will call the dealer.

Also, did you or anyone else receive a radio code card on delivery?

TIA.

Jeff

JohnHS

Passed Driver's Ed
I've heard it mentioned that there is an R32 addendum to the GTI manual but I didn't get one and my dealer can't find one.

The rain sensor seems to work anytime you have the wipers set to intermittent. It seems like the switch on the top of the wiper stalk controls how sensitive the rain sensor is or something. It wipes more often when I move that switch to the right.

The R32 DOES have launch control and it's a blast! The DSG actually shifts above red line when in sport mode too.

I think you only get the compass with the Nav system.

Is it just me or is the leather and the dash of the R32 a lighter shade than in the GTI? The window sticker lists it as the interior being Anthracite but it sure looks lighter to me. And the material on the dash looks like higher quality.

j997tt

Thanks. The dash, leather look about the same color to me. It sucks that the GTI gets a compass fcn. std. w/o navi and the R32 gets nothing...

I got the R32 supplement w/ my books.

GaBoYnFla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R32
Hi:I cannot find anything about the rain sensor and how to activate it. Can anyone help?
Jeff
08 R32, CW

I want to know where in the VagCom is the click to make the window close with the rain sensor? They all say to engage it...mine is working....works on the wipers. Does it just need to be left in the "sensor" position when turned off and it will do it? I thought there was a necessary click somewhere in the VagCom?

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
I want to know where in the VagCom is the click to make the window close with the rain sensor? They all say to engage it...mine is working....works on the wipers. Does it just need to be left in the "sensor" position when turned off and it will do it? I thought there was a necessary click somewhere in the VagCom?

I'd like to know this too. I did a lot of searching through vag-com code while doing some coding on a buddies R32. I saw a bit for the rain sensor "installed/not installed" but thats it. Is it even supposed to close the windows or is it for wiper functions only?