GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Koni FSD Shocks

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Hey I have just read about this Koni FSD shocks very interesting, i wonder has any one tried this on their GTI?

Im planning to give this a try these after i lower the GTI

http://www.koni-na.com/fsd/

From Koni's website
Frequency Selective Damping
The first shock absorber offering superior road-holding without compromising comfort.

P.S how come wheels and suspension are sharing the same topic in this forum? :confused: IMHO Sooner or later there wont be enough space and post get wash down the pages very quickly wont it? And where is the brake topic? haha

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
etang789 said:
P.S how come wheels and suspension are sharing the same topic in this forum? :confused: IMHO Sooner or later there wont be enough space and post get wash down the pages very quickly wont it? And where is the brake topic? haha

Good point, eventually when the forum sees more activity I'll break out even more specific forums as needed :thumbsup:

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
thanks JJR32.
But yea these are very interesting shocks, koni makes them for oem lambo parts

RallyVWDan

Passed Driver's Ed
Our chassis guy for our rally team, the ever well known Peter Pyce swears by the FSDs. He wants me to put a set on my street car but I'm holding out to get him to custom valve me a set. In short these may be about as good as it gets for a street car.

www.RallyVW.com

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Do you mean a set of custom valved Koni FSD or regular Konis for the GTI?

RallyVWDan

Passed Driver's Ed
I mean a set of custom Audi TT dampers to go with the TT front end under my A4 Golf TDI. If Peter will not cook me up something from scratch I will simply buy the FSDs and heap guilt at him for years to come.

It still stuns me that some folks at Vortex fail to understand just how gifted the guy is. Then again the ricer kids would b!tch if you hung them with a new rope unless there was no wheel gap.

vRStu

Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia vRS
These are all the rage in the UK at the moment. As already quoted they aren't lowering shocks but can be teamed with a lowering spring such as the Eibach.

TypeR_126

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I've been running the FSD's on Euro springs for a couple months now. I've been extremely happy. The ride is as compliant as stock but with much less pitch and roll. The car takes a much quicker set in turns, and rotates effortlessly (I do have a 24mm H&R rear bar on the stock setting also).

Aside from the much better performance, no one riding in my car would ever know that the suspension is not factory issue.

gpc777

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
They are using these shocks with that Neuspeed Cup kit as well, which uses their sport springs. I think those are a 1.5" drop.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Yeah it would be cool if I can use that with my H&Rs but last I read, the FSDs were for stock ride height only.