GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First time at the strip

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
Here's my best slip (of 8):

My R/T times were in the shitter and so were my 60' times and my throttle control. I kept spinning my tires in 1st and 2nd and chirping in 3rd. I guess I might have been able to break 14 if I didn't have half-treaded all seasons and it were bit cooler and less humid. All in all though, I can't say I'm too upset with 14.1

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Here's my best slip (of 8):

My R/T times were in the shitter and so were my 60' times and my throttle control. I kept spinning my tires in 1st and 2nd and chirping in 3rd. I guess I might have been able to break 14 if I didn't have half-treaded all seasons and it were bit cooler and less humid. All in all though, I can't say I'm too upset with 14.1

what mods

PeeFo

Not to be a dick but just thought I'd clear something up,
Your R/T reaction time doesn't affect your E/T elapsed time. Basically The clock starts once your wheels cross the starting beams, not when the green light is illuminated, So you can have a terrible R/T and it won't hurt your E/T.

:smile:

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
Not to be a dick but just thought I'd clear something up,
Your R/T reaction time doesn't affect your E/T elapsed time. Basically The clock starts once your wheels cross the starting beams, not when the green light is illuminated, So you can have a terrible R/T and it won't hurt your E/T.

:smile:

Yeah, I was told that already. They still sucked though.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Those aren't bad times at all. I just don't understand why a lot of you Stg 2 guys aren't running faster. I'm not trying to be a dick, I just don't understand how my car with just the DP and intake (no flash yet) got a 97.33 trap speed. Seems like the extra 15+whp and 30+wtq don't add up to much more mph. Maybe because it's harder to launch with the extra torque? Then again you said it was hot and humid, when I ran that speed it was 53 and pretty dry outside.

crogers6569

Ready to race!
it takes longer to pick up speed the fast you go... in the 18th i trap in the mid to low 80mph range normally 83 or 84mph, but in the 1/4 i have only pick up about 15mph more and trap right over 100mph.

hotrodlincoln

Passed Driver's Ed
With a 2.0x short time that would've been around a 13.5 run. Great time man and just work on that launch a little better (Make sure you're lining up in the groove too) and the times will drop.

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Those aren't bad times at all. I just don't understand why a lot of you Stg 2 guys aren't running faster. I'm not trying to be a dick, I just don't understand how my car with just the DP and intake (no flash yet) got a 97.33 trap speed. Seems like the extra 15+whp and 30+wtq don't add up to much more mph. Maybe because it's harder to launch with the extra torque? Then again you said it was hot and humid, when I ran that speed it was 53 and pretty dry outside.

I am telling you man something was wrong with the track that you went to :wink: Thier timing was off.

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Nice times, i wonder why the 60' are worse then mine. Then again the track that i went was "off" :biggrin: . :rolleyes:

It might be that with a chip i will have a harder time launching and getting the 60' i got stock. The more power the more wheel spin you have to control.

In florida though with that 100mph trap i would think you would hook pretty well. My best 60' times were in 55 degree weather so with higer temps you definelty should have gotten better.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I am telling you man something was wrong with the track that you went to :wink: Thier timing was off.

And you should talk.:laugh: Not so much the time. A 14.448 is believable, just the mph seems high, but I'm not complaining. Compared to my friends BMP with just the P flo and he had Classix at the time (now Huffs), we were going up a hill on a 2 lane road merging down and he got the jump on me big time but by the merge down, I almost had overtaken him. We are both 6MT's too.

Also, it's really weird because iBoost ran a 13.9 with Revo Stg 2, ATP DP, and the Carbonario (sp) intake, but only trapped 99mph.

Magusownz

Got Lift?
Car(s)
Corolla_XRS
Ah, hes the one that was at the track on Friday. Cool meeting you bud. I was disappointed in my noob driving at the track :(. Your car looks so damn nice btw.

Neon Guy

Tin Can Racer
Car(s)
1998 SPEC Neon
Your 60' needs the most help.

You'd be amazed what dropping the 60' by a couple of tenths will do to the final outcome.