GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

some fairly serious issues with the rabbit

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
kinda been a bit busy lately to post this sooner but I went in for my second oil change @ 8,500 miles because I was well over the time expiration. Well needless to say with full synthetic I probably could have held out a little longer but I'm glad I went in, the bolts on my drive axle were on the verge of backing out and dropping out the drive axle again and my cv boot was split wide open puking that nasty cv grease all over the place and the cv axle is on the verge of crapping out. Also I need a new oil pan gasket. Taking it back on Tuesday for warranty work on all those goods. I figure the oil pan is a result of the problem not being found during collision repairs but the first time the drive axle backed out and dropped was before the wreck so now I'm trying to figure what could be causing it to happen so I can correct driving habits if need be. Just freakin weird that I've had so many issues with the same area of my car with less than 10k and a year and quarter on the clock

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::. Post #337, you GTI guys should know the significance .::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
lemon...lol

j/k man. hope you get it all figured out

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I'm leaning more towards lowered car that gets flogged alot, went through my records and each time I've had the issue its been within a month of an exhaust mod. All I can say is I'll keep breakin em if they keep fixin it for free. might put off the turbo kit for a bit. Might be a good idea to have at least 4 problem free months prior to putting an extra 80+whp