GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audio overhaul in MKV Jetta (7" touch screen, 2 12" subs, etc...)

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Following install was done by vdub_shawty (all credit goes to him for pics and information) :thumbsup: :

-7" eclispe flip out touch screen
- custom built and fit box for the mkv jetta trunk
-2 12" apline type r's
- a8002t audiobahn amp

aight yall for the revealing....
p.s. there are more then 8 pics...

taking apart the dash:

new unit:

what the wires connect to:

finished product opened:

closed:

subs in the box:

amp dark:
my money that i lost
:

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
looks very nice, but arent u a lil upset you now have to use an aftermarket unit for xm/serius? Since its not integrated into your new head unit?

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Oh heh it's not mine (I'm waiting for the 5-door GTI), that car belongs to vdub_shawty at vwvortex.

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Aweseome install:eyebulge:

What kind of dash kit is that? i was looking for something like that for over a week online no luck >.<!

From the pictures there seem to be some gap on top of the dash kit:confused:

How are the door speakers powered and connected?

did you use a wire harness?

vdub_shawty

infamoüs düb gürl
Car(s)
jetta
wow well where do i start!! thanks for posting up my pics and install jj-r32 i feel soo special, but you got one thing wrong IM A GüRL!!

as for calboytex: no i am not upset. what i am going to do is rewire the cable for the antennia and have the xm radio in the hole just above the shifter knob. i actually like that i have both, but hey whatever.

kurupt-mk5: thanks luv!!!

and etang789: thanks again luv!!!! its just a normal singl din box. there is a gap but it holds the eclispe's huge ass remote and an ez pass. i acuatlly love the since din better then the double din!! and you cant tell the gap when the screen is flipped up. i have to still dyno the trunk, and pad the doors b/c of a rattle, 2 type r's are loud as shit btw!!! i just need a big thing of padding and dyno and i should be good. i think i need a small peice of ply wood covered in padding and/or dyno to go where before the trunk lid shoud help, but it seems to rattle the back windsheild area. so i still have alot of work to do before i am happy.

i plan on get a custom cut out crome piece to fit the trunk with a vw emblem in the middle about a foot wide and get some black lights about the box, which has to be done before april's show season starts. i am going to be showing my car this year alot!! i won 1st place in the mkv jetta class at h20 last year. so if ya see my car at a show feel free to come and say hey!!! im a girl i dont bite, well not hard at least!! heheh sorry, well lata yall if yall wanna know more please feel free to hit me up anytime!!!

thanks again for all the luv!!!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I am confused.....what kit and who makes it for the radio? Also you won't have the problems of rattling if you fire the subs up instead of at the rear gate. Also, how does this effect the gauge info cluster? Do you only lose the radio data displayed in the gauge cluster?

dmclone

Oval Champion
vdub_shawty said:
wow well where do i start!! thanks for posting up my pics and install jj-r32 i feel soo special, but you got one thing wrong IM A GüRL!!

I hate to slam on people but you're hands are pretty nasty for a girl.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
What dash kit is that? I need the double din openings for my Alpine center channel.

vdub_shawty

infamoüs düb gürl
Car(s)
jetta
dmclone said:
vdub_shawty said:

I hate to slam on people but you're hands are pretty nasty for a girl.

sweetheart those arent my hands. those were the 2 guys messing with it. i was just sitting back taking pics.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I am an idiot!!!.....I just now realized this is in a jetta.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Well the cars are somewhat the same from the seats forward so i guess you can stay....LOL