GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suspension input requested

Rabbitpilot

Go Kart Champion
So, here I am shopping for some suspension, and I'm looking for a spring/shock combo, and not a coil-over. What are you all running for track events and how do you like them? Would you do anything different if you had to do it again? Also, if you are running different bars, chime in on those as well.

arekux

aka Gogo
Car(s)
03 Mercedes C32
I got koni sport with neuspeed on 25% stiffness, with Hotchkis Swaybar kit, 200% stiffness in rear and 45% in front, car handles like its on rails and still comfortable.

IFlyS5

Self-proclaimed DUBHEAD
I also have Koni adjustables (yellows) and Neuspeed sports. I think the drop is a good middle-of-the-road drop and the ride is pretty good--stiffness set on 50% f/r. Passengers comment that its "go-kart" like, but thats what I wanted...The only thing I might have done differently is to go a tad lower.

Pic:

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
Car(s)
mkv gti
I also have Koni adjustables (yellows) and Neuspeed sports. I think the drop is a good middle-of-the-road drop and the ride is pretty good--stiffness set on 50% f/r. Passengers comment that its "go-kart" like, but thats what I wanted...The only thing I might have done differently is to go a tad lower.

Pic:
[IM G]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m76/iflys5/The%20New%20Car/P1020171-1.jpg[/IMG]

the springs don't make your car handle better. they make it handle differently. The steering is more direct (thus the go kart description), but when it comes to road performance (what actually means something in handling), it decreases significantly. Also do you think you are going to improve on a multimillion dollar R&D engineering with a set of 200$ springs? no.

crogers6569

Ready to race!
the springs don't make your car handle better. they make it handle differently. The steering is more direct (thus the go kart description), but when it comes to road performance (what actually means something in handling), it decreases significantly. Also do you think you are going to improve on a multimillion dollar R&D engineering with a set of 200$ springs? no.

that multimillion dollar R&D is only to make it ride comfortably, pass safety standards, fit other components, etc...

Lowering the COG in itself will help you handle better. having adjustable rebound settings will also help.

Sway bars are only ~200$ as well and they drastic improve handling.

now go pull your head out of your ass and appologize for being a dick.:evil:

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
Car(s)
mkv gti
that multimillion dollar R&D is only to make it ride comfortably, pass safety standards, fit other components, etc...

Lowering the COG in itself will help you handle better. having adjustable rebound settings will also help.

Sway bars are only ~200$ as well and they drastic improve handling.

now go pull your head out of your ass and appologize for being a dick.:evil:

no, lowering the car will NOT make it handle better. what do you not understand about what I just said? go do some research in the suspension forum at vortex and then come back to me and see if you still think you are right :laugh:

crogers6569

Ready to race!
no, lowering the car will NOT make it handle better. what do you not understand about what I just said? go do some research in the suspension forum at vortex and then come back to me and see if you still think you are right :laugh:

You said research and Vortex in the same sentence....:bonk: :laughabove: :bonk:

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO

Your right the springs will not make you handle better. The lower center of gravity that reduces body roll will make you handle better. No offense but you need to go do some research and not in a forum where no one knows what they are talking about and go actually test this for yourself.

Last edited:

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Your right the springs will not make you handle better. The lower center of gravity that reduces body roll will make you handle better. No offense but you need to go do some research and not in a forum where no one knows what they are talking about and go actually test this for yourself.

An upset suspension geometry (mostly the control arms) can do a number on a car's handling.

Kjyuan

blinded conserving racer
i think theres more to it than jujst being low... i mean a tad lower than stock would suffice but any lower and you'll be just doing for looks. i agree with labelskate