GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlamp Washer Jet Service Position?

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
Does anyone know how to set the GTI/GLI's headlamp washer jet (located in the front bumper) to the fully extended service position? (Is this a VAG-COM thing?)

I would like to set it as such so that I can remove the cover and make some adjustments to it. It doesn't sit flush with the bumper.

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
OK. So it turns out that the washer jets extend by the pressure of the water. (There's no motor per se.)

So, in order to pull-out the telescoping jet nozzles, you need to carefully pry the plastic cover (of the washer jets), get you fingers underneath it and slowly pull out on the telescoping arm.

Because the washer jet system is still under pressure, the arm will automatically retract if you let go.

Once the arm is extended, you'll see that the cover is simple clipped onto the arm.

According to the service manual, you can adjust the length of the nozzle (on the tip of the arm) by moving the nozzle position on the arm itself (there are plastic grooves on the telescoping arm). I didn't have an extra pair of hands to hold the arm, so I didn't make any adjustments.

I'll upload pictures later, when I get a chance.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Thanks for being the guinee pig. Will come in handy this winter I am sure.

2.0Tgti

Ready to race!
yeah, sounds realtively easy. I just got my car back from the body shop and it looks like mine may need an udjustment as they're spraying more of my hood than they did in the past. upload some pics if you get a chance.