GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking about moving to florida in MAY

VRmk3tomk5

mk5's are gay
Car(s)
99 B5 passat wagon
Me and my buddy wanna move out soon. First place i looked @ was miami. Does anyone have any positive or negative feedback?

Or another city?

Nikerey

Darkness
Ive been to Miami a couple times, not somewhere id want to live. Boca, west palm are cool tho.

It depends on what you want to do too.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
South Florida is awesome. Ive lived there my whole life and dont really plan on moving. Miami is nice but there are plenty of other places to live around that area. Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm...all nice. Why are you thinking about moving (just curious)?

VRmk3tomk5

mk5's are gay
Car(s)
99 B5 passat wagon
South Florida is awesome. Ive lived there my whole life and dont really plan on moving. Miami is nice but there are plenty of other places to live around that area. Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm...all nice. Why are you thinking about moving (just curious)?

gotta start my life and move out of the rents house

VRmk3tomk5

mk5's are gay
Car(s)
99 B5 passat wagon
what kind of job are you looking for?

not sure exactly. im only 20 but ive been in retail since i was 16. Like in the malls and what not. My friend is doing data entry and he gets paid well. Some where along the lines of that i suppose

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
What kind of place are you looking for? You're not realy gonna find any big cities down here, atleast nothing like New York or something like that. I've been to Miami, and its nice to visit, but not realy a place I'd want to live. I don't mind Tampa. Theres night clubs to go to on the weekend at Ybor city, nice suburbs, a pretty good size airport, and like 4 malls all within minutes of eachother, if you want to try to get another job in retail.

VRmk3tomk5

mk5's are gay
Car(s)
99 B5 passat wagon
What kind of place are you looking for? You're not realy gonna find any big cities down here, atleast nothing like New York or something like that. I've been to Miami, and its nice to visit, but not realy a place I'd want to live. I don't mind Tampa. Theres night clubs to go to on the weekend at Ybor city, nice suburbs, a pretty good size airport, and like 4 malls all within minutes of eachother, if you want to try to get another job in retail.

thanks sloppy i didnt expect you to hop in here. i always see you in the vs. threads lol

Yoshi22

Passed Driver's Ed
I was born in Tampa and in im going to be very honest and simple... Me as well as over 200 people(that use to live in tampa also) i have met ever since I lived in Miami as told me Tampa is boring. Its really boring. Miami in the other hand is non stop fun. By fun I mean your going to have amazing experiences....Girls are stunning! Sex is even better!

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Car(s)
89, 97 Jetta, 07 GTI
I'm looking at Florida also. I spent some months in Ft. Myers and had a blast, also vacationed around New Smyrna and enjoyed that.

Skybus has flights to Ft. Myers and Daytona real cheap - worth flying down for a few weekends and jobhunting/looking for a place to live.

Anything beats the icy, snowy, salty grey slush, man. I've done that dance for long enough.

I need an IT job though, and from my experience in Ft. Myers (trying to staff a tech centre) the job market is quirky.

UnitedGTI

Runs With Scissors
i dont know if miami would be too much of a shock coming from MD but ft lauderdale is nice as well and only 10-30 mins away depending on your speed 10mins going averaging 100ish, 30 going the speed limit.