GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Programming features with SatNav

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
I was under the impression that there are a selection of programmable items such as lighting, auto door lock and unlock etc. that could be accessed through the SatNav unit? Am l mistaken about this feature?

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
No it's done thru' the MFD between the speedo & Tacho.
Because the Sat-Nav has the full MFD you change the options on this display using the steering wheel buttons.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
yeah its done through the higline which is only available with sat nav, so yes your sort of right as you need sat nav to do it.

SSS_Hoon

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
SSS_Hoon said:
yeah its done through the higline which is only available with sat nav, so yes your sort of right as you need sat nav to do it.

SSS_Hoon

Thanks SSS_Hoon, it never occured to me to go through the MFD unit. I've just set the auto door locking / unlocking feature, set the time to 12 hour rather than 24 hour mode and adjusted the coming home / leaving home headlight time from 30 seconds to 20 seconds. Too easy.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
yeah we dont have sat nav and i want to change the clock from 24 too 12 but used to it now though.

SSS_Hoon

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
It sucks that the 05 GTI's without satnav used to be able to change those things. you can even adjust stuff like that on a base Commodore these days. Don't know why they dropped it for 06.

Would've been nice if they'd given us the option of the Highline MFD (without ordereing satnav) to compensate, like they get in the UK.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
you say the 05 can change that without the higline or satnav?

how we have a 05 and i tried it according to the book and wouldnt work?

SSS_Hoon

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I was under the impression the 05's could. That was one of the MY06 changes. Dealer told me the 05's used to be able to do it, but new models can't.

Might have to visit a dealer to find out.