GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo GTI VS. Mini Cooper S '04

dyauGTI

BlueGTI
Car(s)
GTI
Is the 04' mini cooper s faster than a DSG golf GTI? We went for a massive cruise today, and the mini seemed to pull away from 30-70mph, but i managed to nail him after 70mph and I even got mine remapped. Apparently this Mini is standard.

Edrock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
the mini and the GTI should be even stock vs stock. If u got a revo flash u should kill him. They did a few of those comparison tests in just about every magazine and 0-60 times and the 1/4 are right with each other

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
DSG GTI should be a bit faster than the Mini, especially if REVO'd.

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
shouldn't be a contest in all honesty. Revo quote 280bhp and a mini is what 170?! Almost 100bhp and not much of a weight difference. I imagine he wasn't stock.

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
Stage 1 they quote as 255bhp and 285lb/ft

Stage 2 is 280 (apparently)

But still, a std GTi should outdrag a cooper S should it not?

Robuk

Ready to race!
I have around 260hp from Stage 1, ive had to peel all the stickers of yesterday quoting this :D

I wouldnt be worried about a Cooper S even with a couple of tweaks,

Rob

Revo Kev

revotechnik.com
10-15% of the original gain... stage2 isn't a huge power increase, the whole point of it is to account for a turbo back and let you run a decat or sports cat without getting CELs. Stage2 software can't unleash that more more, it's just not there to be had!

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
ps mini's dont suck, they're just a different car...we win in the str8s, they win in the corners, if you dont believe me, go test drive one

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
I've driven one, hired it for 48 hours a while ago, wasn't that impressed with the handling but I am comparing it to the original mini i used to own, which was a go kart!!