GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Re-po'ed Cars?

EuroShoes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW
Hey guys, just wanted to hear your opinion on this.

If you had the opportunity to buy a nice car, say an Audi A6 or A8 that is only a few years old and is in good condition, that was repossessed by the government, would you buy it? I know that when a car is repossessed it goes on the car's history report, but really how big of a deal is it to you guys? I mean you can get an awesome car in good condition for a ridiculous price, and the only catch is that someone else owned it before they messed up somehow. Basically, how big of a deal is it to you guys if a car that you are looking at has been repossessed in the past? Personally, I don't mind it at all, but I just wanted to see what you guys think or if anyone has any valuable advice.

Thanks,
Vince

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
as long as you get all the keys

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
who cares, if it was repo'd by the gov it just means the guy owed the govertment $$ so they went after his stuff, i doubt theres anything wrong w/ the car besides it being used..

do it, i would.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
jump on it. & if they were a drug dealer, you may find a kilo of coke stashed away somewhere. Just a little added bonus. ha.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
if it was something you were planning on keeping a long time and not trying to sell in a few years, i'd say definitely go for it

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
Hey guys, just wanted to hear your opinion on this.

If you had the opportunity to buy a nice car, say an Audi A6 or A8 that is only a few years old and is in good condition, that was repossessed by the government, would you buy it? I know that when a car is repossessed it goes on the car's history report, but really how big of a deal is it to you guys? I mean you can get an awesome car in good condition for a ridiculous price, and the only catch is that someone else owned it before they messed up somehow. Basically, how big of a deal is it to you guys if a car that you are looking at has been repossessed in the past? Personally, I don't mind it at all, but I just wanted to see what you guys think or if anyone has any valuable advice.

Thanks,
Vince

Becareful with the A8's though, they go for dirt cheap but can rack up quite a bill later on.