GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driving in AZ

UnNatural GTI

UnNaturally Aspirated
Car(s)
'07 UG GTI DSG
SO, I just got back from my visit out to gilbert to see my brother. 12 hours there, 11.5 back. put 1880 miles (drove to wittmann and tuscon) on the GTI, spent 32 HOURS in the car and averaged 26.5 miles per gallon. Was involved in 1 high speed chase (cut someone off, on accident, and they got a little bit of the rage) and almost got sandwiched between two trucks. Gotta say, driving in az is quite an adventure.

vwvixen

I'm Low Maintenance.
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
I agree, driving here is crazy. I once saw a bumper sticker on a car in Yuma. It said "Helen Keller is alive and well, and driving in Yuma". I think that about sums up driving in Phoenix too.

vwvixen

I'm Low Maintenance.
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
hahaha, I know! I laughed so hard I cried when I saw that. :biggrin:

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
I just went to Cali and remarked at how fluid traffic was, though it was too fast for me on that shitty concrete. The funny thing is it's not 'cos you guys drive better, it's just that you drive the same. :p For some reason, in AZ everyone wants to drive like they do back home. The Cali folks wanna go fast, the Utah folks wanna go slow, and the Seattle people wanna go any speed as long as it's in the left lane. Toss in some old people and some teenagers and you have yourself a mish-mash.

phrog23

Ready to race!
Car(s)
wabbit
I just went to Cali and remarked at how fluid traffic was, though it was too fast for me on that shitty concrete. The funny thing is it's not 'cos you guys drive better, it's just that you drive the same. :p For some reason, in AZ everyone wants to drive like they do back home. The Cali folks wanna go fast, the Utah folks wanna go slow, and the Seattle people wanna go any speed as long as it's in the left lane. Toss in some old people and some teenagers and you have yourself a mish-mash.

HAHA the sad thing is that i couldnt agree more.... im used to doing 55 down the street, and i get to phoenix, and the speed limit is 35 on a major highway... COMEON!!!!! WTF is that...\

And dont get me starte don these dam photo tickets at the intersections and on the free ways...

The_Sal™

VAGetarian
HAHA the sad thing is that i couldnt agree more.... im used to doing 55 down the street, and i get to phoenix, and the speed limit is 35 on a major highway... COMEON!!!!! WTF is that...\

And dont get me starte don these dam photo tickets at the intersections and on the free ways...

LOL!!! I hate those red light/speeding cameras they have up, mostly when making a left hand turn and youre right behind someones grandma visiting from Minnesota.