GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's official. Ford Motor Co. has lost it.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI

CLIFF NOTES: (for teh lazy ppl like vivid)

Ford is sueing and seeking legal action on any website, magazine or third party companies that use the word "mustang".

they will be suing and seeking $100,000 for damages from each company that they file suit on. also all memorabilia must be detroyed along with a $5,000 for damages.

that means, magazines, websites and school mascots cannot go by the mustang with out Fords consent since they have the name trademarked.

basically ford is being VERY retarded about something sooo stupid.

alf

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
wow. thats some bs

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Kind of sounds like the kind of stupid crap our country as a whole does. Sue to get rich in any way possible.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
alf said:
CLIFF NOTES: (for teh lazy ppl like vivid)

Ford is sueing and seeking legal action on any website, magazine or third party companies that use the word "mustang".

they will be suing and seeking $100,000 for damages from each company that they file suit on. also all memorabilia must be detroyed along with a $5,000 for damages.

that means, magazines, websites and school mascots cannot go by the mustang with out Fords consent since they have the name trademarked.

basically ford is being VERY retarded about something sooo stupid.

alf
very sad that ford is following in the foot steps of Moster Cable, Best Lies (Geek Squad) and others...

A mark can on be enforced if there is some damage done to the original holder... IE a football team's mascots comes from the animal not the car and its in a unrelated field... it would be hard for ford to try claim damages and stop them...

But Monster has tried with ANYTHING that uses monster in the name... even companies that are older than Monster Cable... But when you have as much money as Noel and can afford the lawyers, why not make every ones else life hell...

Alf thanks for the cliff notes :bow:

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
Haha, my old highschool's thingy were the Mustangs. Ironically the local Ford dealership gives away a Mustang to the football MVP if they win state for the season.

God I'm glad to be out of highschool. College is such a good experience.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Deagle said:
Haha, my old highschool's thingy were the Mustangs. Ironically the local Ford dealership gives away a Mustang to the football MVP if they win state for the season.

God I'm glad to be out of highschool. College is such a good experience.
Memphis ha? I'll be at the Bonnaroo Music Festival in 2 weeks:thumbup:

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
Maybe the Ford guy's are buddies with Lars Ulrich? :0